Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New iPod

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Gandorf

I think the iRiver iHp-120 is by far the best harddisk based player at the moment (that's why I bought one!) :)

Certainly better than the 3g iPods. Smaller capacity but much better features than the Zens (size + weight, LCD remote, radio, encode mp3/wav, supports ogg, no drivers required etc.)

See my post in the thread below........

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128622

Buy one they're luuuuvly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭GarGuile

If anyone is thinking about buying an iPod, if you buy online from the Apple Store. You can get your ipod lazer engraved for free.
    Free Engraving
    Offer lasts till the 6th of Jan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

don't buy from the apple web store they meant to be crap for delivery.

i bought my ipod last nite in pcworld 429 euros (cheaper than komplett,compustore and applestore on web and kildare street.)

plus i got 5 years insurance for 109 euros so if my ipod is stolen (1 year) or damage with within 5 years pcworld will replace it.

no other shops offer this insurance which i think is a god send cos i always drop stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

Originally posted by Serbian
    Like Matt Simis said, those batteries are un-official. Also, he correctly pointed out that you actually have to unscrew your iPod to get the battery into the damn thing. I'm sure this also completely voids your warranty if anything goes wrong.

To get the battery replaced, it costs $99 (and you have to send off your iPod. What are the bets "Please allow 28 days for delivery"). This service is also unavailable in Europe, according to the Slashdot article. With virtually any other MP3 player, you can just go and buy a battery, then put it in yourself. All this without voiding your warranty! Amazing, no?

read this too: http://das.doit.wisc.edu/neistat.txt
    The guy who donated bandwidth to ipodsdirtysecret.com (about two brothers who spraypainted complaints about lousy batteries on iPod posters) is pissed a plenty:
    "Jesus, I cannot BELIEVE you guys. In good faith, I put the video back on the basis of the email you sent me, hoping that at least some people would click on the mirror link at at least get the truth, and information about how to replace the battery. Instead, you removed the mirror link entirely, used the bandwidth and resources that I was providing you exclusively on your front page, AGAIN without providing ANY information whatsoever about how users can solve this problem, or the fact that Apple now has an official $99 battery replacement, and on top of it all, put ThruPort's banner on the front page! I've now served 91,629 downloads for you, for over 0.6 terabytes of data transfer. What the f*** is you guys' problem? I guess that fact that you are liars shouldn't surprise me, since that's exactly what your whole site and the video is. Have fun with it, and whatever f***ed up satisfaction you get from having as many people as possible see your video, and not even wanting to tell people that there is a solution."

for some more reading about that ipodsdirtylittlesecret check this out: from the boing boing website

ive read lots of other websites that talk about people who have had ipods for 2ish years with the same battery, its a good thing to know before hand the limitations with the battery, but its not something apple should be taken to court over.

dw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

The new Dell player is meant to be excellent, doesnt look so good though. For looks the ipod still rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    don't buy from the apple web store they meant to be crap for delivery.

i bought my ipod last nite in pcworld 429 euros (cheaper than komplett,compustore and applestore on web and kildare street.)

plus i got 5 years insurance for 109 euros so if my ipod is stolen (1 year) or damage with within 5 years pcworld will replace it.

no other shops offer this insurance which i think is a god send cos i always drop stuff

Extended Warranty! How can I loose!?

Simpsons quote, sorry, couldnt resist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

at least it's better than not having no come back at all.

like if i smash it to pieces right now they'll give me a new one. if it gets stolen on the 3rd december 2004 i get a new one.

Advertisement