Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I shall be a gamecube owner soon

Options
  • 26-11-2003 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭

I tried a search of the threads but its broken. As i shall be a new gamecube owner, i was wondering if anyone would care to recommend any top games for it? my world has been exclusivley ps2 up to this point so i gots no idea whats recommended for the GC.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

As Mentioned Many of times before:

Out Now:

Zelda: WW
    Metroid Prime
    Super Monkey Ball 2
    Mario Kart
    Viewtiful Joe
    F- zero GX
    Mario Sunshine ( worth a look if u like platformers and its only 15 quid at Play.com)
    Animal Crossing (import)
    Super Smash Brothers: Melee
    Pikmin
    Ikaruga
    Soul Calibur 2
    Rogue Leader
    Resi 0 and Resi 1

To Reserve:
    Mario Golf
    1080 Snowboarding
    Pikmin 2
    MGS: Twin Snakes
    FF: Crystal Cronicals
    Resi 4

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I rekon you should get the games in this order , I wont include multy platform games

Metroid Prime
    Super Smash Brothers
    Zelda : Wind Waker
    Viewtiful Joe
    Mario Kart / F-zero GX
    Eternal Darkness
    Super Monkey Ball
    Ikaruga
    Mario sunshine
    Rez 1 and 0

when you got them come back to me ! GC has so many deadly games you only realise it when you write them down

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

ok i have a shortlist to work with :) thanks.
    one thing i noticed tho, there doesnt seem to be many rpg's for the GC besides zelda and next years Crystal Chronicles. any suggestions for a GC rpg?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by fixxxer
    any suggestions for a GC rpg?

Skies of Arcadia: Legends and Phantasy Star Online: Episode I and II. The latter will be a small investment to reach full potential but with Skies of Arcadia: Legends you've got a quality RPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

atmo skies of arcadia is your only proper japanese(damn those western pigdogs) rpg choice. but next year will see final fantasy: cc and hopefully english translations of tales of symphonia(supposedly fantastic, as most of the tales series is) and baten kaitos(from monolith, the guys behind xenosaga). other than that its not really the console for rpgs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

all my questions answered within 20 minutes of posting.
    this pleases me :)

thanks peeps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Chowley

Im contemplating getting a Gamecube for Mario Kart , jesus I cant believe i wrote that :p , wheres the best place to get it?
    I think I remember reading Game had a Mario Kart GC pack that had 2 star wars games in it.I dont really want the one with Zelda dont like those games at all.
    Anyway what do you get besides games just the one control pad I presume what about a memory card do you have to buy that seperately as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Just dont forget to get Resident Evil 1. Imo one of the best games ever, not just best gamecube game. And you can get it for around 25 blips!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Originally posted by Chowley
    I think I remember reading Game had a Mario Kart GC pack that had 2 star wars games in it.I dont really want the one with Zelda dont like those games at all.
    Anyway what do you get besides games just the one control pad I presume what about a memory card do you have to buy that seperately as well?

The star wars deal isnt on any more. but the memory cards are cheap. you can get a 4mb card in virgin in the square for €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

mario kart double dash!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

dont really want the one with Zelda dont like those games at all.
    You could buy the bundle and get the zelda bonus disc and then sell it. Check out ebay. That way your game cube wouldn't be that dear. Or give the zelda bonus disc to me!! :D

:D How much would you pay fot it? we'll start the bidding at €50 :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

if you like footy games get winning eleven final evolution on import. i know it's a bit of a pain in the hole, but it's the best footy game ever, apart from possibly pro evo 3 on the ps2, but i'd go for winning 11 on gc, better controller, plays a bit faster

Well i really prefer PS2 controller , dont like footy gemas either :p
    TBH im only buying it for Nariokart and super monkey ball 2/ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i hate footy games to, but winning eleven/pro evolution are a class above everything else(maybe not swos) and above all flippin brilliant games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

so then where is cheapest place to buy gc??
    how much is it on its own or can you get it like dis?

Advertisement