Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

''Over 18's ID required'' at TBMC

Options
  • 26-11-2003 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭

thats Temple Bar Music Centre in case ya didnt know - How strict are they on this?

I just bought my tickets for Flogging Molly - will a fake ID suffice or what?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Your best bet would be to get someone elses Garda ID since anyone under 21 has to have either that, a drivers license or a passport.

Still have to get me tickets for that. Doubt it'll sett out tho will it?
    Dregin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

just get there real early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

if they look for ID at all it will have to be a driving lic or Passport... oh and also a garda ID is good anything else isn't even looked at

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

So am i fu<ked or what? If i get there early will i get in - i was planning to get there at 6:30 (doors open at 7:30). Help me plz?

Maybe if you try and make it for sound check you'll be able to stay on. I f you meet the band just explain the situation. I'm not sure but I think sound check is usually around 4 or 5.

Dregin

• Advertisement

So i have to make it for the soundchecks? FU<K!!!

i dunno what i'm gonna do. I have to see this band!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

What age are you, and what age do you look? try and keep an eye open for when they open the side door. you may be able to slip in. if you are goin with a group its probably for the best, they are more inclined to let you in. make sure you have the ticket ready and look like you do this every night. try and get in for 6 or so if the bar is open, sit there with a coke or orange. dont drink alcohol till the gig is in full swing. cause if you are boozin then get caught without proper ID they'll have you out of the place, while if you are caught with a coke they MAY take pity on you.

its all russian roulette to be honest. just go for it.

gar

Well..im 16 and i'd say i look around 17 at a guess

Im definitely gonna try it, but if i dont get in i'll be seriously pissed. I dont even drink, neither does my friend so it'll be ****ing off pissing if we dont get in!

Anyways i'll just hope for the best i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭crowbar188

well every gig ive been to in tbmc ive never been asked for id and im only 17. it always says that on the tickets but they rarely enforce it because if they do it means that the majority of the crowd wont get in, especially at gigs such as flogging molly,alkaline trio,finch e.t.c where the majority of fans are teenagers.ive seen people who look about 12 get in before without id.

they do enforce it at older gigs, where they dont need to worry about underage people cos their makin enough money from the over 18s people.

they have that one drink per person rule in there anyways, which makes it hard for underage people to get other people to get them drinks.

id say youll get in no hassle....

"id say youll get in no hassle...."[i/]

You beaut! Cheers!

• Advertisement

Well the concert was on tonight.....

And i got in no hassle!!!
    Your man didnt give me second glance at the door, i was straight in!

Now about the gig. Absolutely brilliant. I was right up at the stage, they didnt have a barrier. The interaction they had with the crowd made it so much better. Im used to big venues, (Slane, RHCP last year) and i didnt know until now how much better small venues are. Brilliance, pure brilliance :D

Cool :) gave away the tickets I won coz I gotta generate fund for the Christmas. Ah well, I'm sure they'll be back pretty soon. Got the Murphy's and Thrice to look forward to in the space of 4 days in March tho :D

Dregin

yeh dropkick murphy's! no way i'm missing them!

are they playing in TBMC?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Thats weird. I didn't get in as a result of my age. I could have moaned to the bouncer (he didn't seem like too much of a dick) but I wasn't in the mood. He just pointed at all the kids and told me that I needed an ID. Ah well...

Dropkick Murphys are playing in the Village. Good luck getting in there, unless they also make exceptions with punk bands by being less strict (damn my indie rock concerts).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

It's unfortunate that most venues are also primarily licenced premises making it difficult for under 18's to see live music. There should be someway - as practiced in the USA - of issuing perhaps wristband that identifys Over 18's so under 18's can watch the live music and allows the venue comply with the alcohol laws. Once again it's time for the venue/bar owners to start thinking of their customers and stop counting the money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

Yeah the bouncers at the Music Centre are ok. In my experience, they're a lot easier on girls though. If you smile and say hi, they don't ask.

Advertisement