Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a USB Bluetooth Adapter

• 27-11-2003 12:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi,

I want to get a USB Bluetooth adapter for my PC so I can transfer ringtones, pics etc..between my PC and my phone. Can anyone recommend a good website or even a shop in Dublin ? I've tried amazon.com and they have one for $35 but if anyone knows of any other good sites to get this kind of stuff from please let me know.

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Peats.com
    www.mobilefun.co.uk
    expansys.com

(TDK being one of the best brands), make sure to refer to the vendors website to check their level of support - if they don't have any then stay away - try and see if the one you choose uses the Widcomm stack for a more usable experience on Windows...

hope that helps,
    BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Check out Maplin in Blanchardstown at the moment. They have an offer on until Christmas on a Bluetooth adapter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i was going to get the belkin one - its 46e in argos
    this is based on the fact that argos is 5 minute walk away

Originally posted by MiCr0
    this is based on the fact that argos is 5 minute walk away

lol :D

... but what if it rains or it's too cold outside - i'd order it online if i were you ;)

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by DubWireless
    Peats.com
    www.mobilefun.co.uk
    expansys.com

(TDK being one of the best brands), make sure to refer to the vendors website to check their level of support - if they don't have any then stay away - try and see if the one you choose uses the Widcomm stack for a more usable experience on Windows...

hope that helps,
    BrianG

Jaysus Peats really are terribly expensive when compared the other two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭-Wheeler-

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated. I also checked Compustore and they do a Belkin one for €45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Originally posted by DubWireless
    lol :D

... but what if it rains or it's too cold outside - i'd order it online if i were you ;)

BrianG

are they any good though?

Originally posted by MiCr0
    are they any good though?

the Belkin? yeah grand - based on a CSR chipset like many USB dongles and uses the Widcomm stack branded as Belkin - so should do the trick nicely

they do have differnet models based on Bluetooth Class (i.e. what approx. range it offers)

they also brought our a more recent (v2) edition of their adapters, so have seen the v1s discounting around the place - this is just their product revision, mainly to get their class one dongle into a less massive form factor and they offer more recent verions of the Bluetooh drivers for the v2 models on their support site. the 1.4 version of the Widcomm stack includes a profile for keyboards/mouse, so looks like they are prepping them for their forthcoming Bluetooh Mouse release...

these two links should help compare specs / info and refer to product literature.

hope that helps,
    BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭-Wheeler-

I gave in to convenience and ended up buying the Belkin one in Compustore today. It was €45, and I don't really think I'd have done any better by ordering over the internet by the time you've converted from Stg to Eur and added postage. It's working grand for me. I've been able to transfer ringtones, pics et al.

Advertisement