Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertising

Options
13»

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sorry... note to self: Dont try to be funny and serious when you are also rushed for time.

The numbers refer to money inwards for the 4 years we are operational. We made no attempt to make cash in the first two/three really. Anything we did was offset against the hosting and bandwidth and topped the rest up with our own cash.

In the last year we have been able to peek above the costs and make about 3K (I dont have account so I dont know for sure). Thats been spent on the items listed and we've also made some arrangements for hosting and some bandwidth. Those arrangements are private for commercial reasons obviously enough.

Anything that wasnt spent is kept in the kitty. We might split it out between the admins, we might try and buy every mod a pint (thats about 1000 quid in itself. one pint each!) or we might keep it for a rainy day.

Eventually I'm sure we'll start to pay a wage to someone but I dont see that happening for a good while yet and only when we really need to.
    As big as boards is, advertising pays p|ss and we'll never make more then beer money from it alone.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

What about those big bags of money I saw behind the sofa! EH!?

*muffled sounds from above*

Oh that's the fake money, riiight, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

http://www.cro.ie/search/results.asp?number=319114&BI=C

You need a free trial to actually see the accounts, but they're there for all to see.

See, doesn't even cost boards.ie anything....

*EDIT* Woops, seems like a dragged up an old thread. That's what happens when you read excesors frequently updated journal I guess :)

Advertisement