Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protection

• 27-11-2003 3:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

I'm getting UTV Clicksilver tomorrow and was wondering what type of protection I will need for the always on connection, firewall? anti-virus?
    Any help appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Firewall really is a must, Kerio do a decent free one.

Anti virus is default for EVEYRONE, not just broadband users.

If you didnt know, you do now, if your friends dont know, you'd better tell em.
    The more people protected the slower viri spread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Everything that B-K just said, but if you're feeling particularly vulnerable/paranoid whatever, remember that the connection can be always on, but doesn't have to be. Best protection of all - disconnect when not in use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭DecTenToo

I'm using Norton Firewall and Anit Virus, but if you want a good (and free setup) then you might want to consider Tiny Personal Firewall or ZoneAlarm. I'm using those, plus a firewall on my wireless router (easy to set up and configure). You can test the effectiveness by using some of the online security tests but
    http://www.grc.com/ would be a good place to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

dont forget avg antivirus free good virus scanner from www.grisoft.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Thanks to all for the info, will check it out tonight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement