Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stock Control Software (non-quake obviously)

Options
  • 19-11-1999 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭

Hiyas,

I'm looking to see if anyone here knows of a stock control package that would allow a user to keep track of what's in-store, going out, coming in, print barcodes, handle returns and general stuff like that
    yes we do stock control but it's only for shops/hotels/pubs etc........
    i need one that's for a factory thats just stock control in and out

Sorry this isn't on any other board but i didn't now which board to put it on plus no one reads em anyways.

Thanks in advance,
    Adrastea (altho you all probably guessed that because my name is beside the post..dunno why u people do that)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Shouldnt this b on the stock control board? tongue.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    ps? 0wns U

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Adra,

Brush up on your MSAccess for God's sake. It would be simple enough to do up a system. Funnily enough my biggest project this year has been a Stock Control System for S.D.C.C.
    but it would probably do more than you would need. If you want to have a look at it then say the word and I'll mail it to ye.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Hi Carol!

If Access isn't good enough get a copy of VB somewhere. It's **** easy to do a DB in.

Also think Dav might have something along those lines from his 2nd yr proj.

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

my bro worked on a stock control proggie for Ryanair (I think). I'll see if I can 'borrow' the code for you. Requires a hand scanner though (about £20 - £300 depending on where you get it, and no, unfortunately a barcode battler won't do it sad.gif ). Fairly basic stuff really, just a bugger to set off from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Get SAP RS/3 installed, it'll probably only set you back about 10k but does all the things you're looking for smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

heh lolth i have those scanners in stock, we sell em.

IT would be great if someone (muso, aL or jason)
    would be able to do it.....i don't have time to go off learning vb tbh.......well not b4 i need this.

I'd really appreciate anything ya can help me with or give me.

Ta again

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Adra,

I'd be happy to do it but I'd need precise details about what you want.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

TinCool wrote: »
    Get SAP RS/3 installed, it'll probably only set you back about 10k but does all the things you're looking for smile.gif
    10K?!?!?!

Try closer to 500K.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

10K?!?!?!

Try closer to 500K.

And that's just the licence cost, add another 500k for consultancy and implementation ;0)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

And that's just the licence cost, add another 500k for consultancy and implementation ;0)
    You work for Accenture, obviously.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement