Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"power point was unable to find hlink.dll"

Options
  • 27-11-2003 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

That is the error message that I get when I try to open a power point file....
    can not find the error on the web...
    any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Try finding the file "hlink.dll" on the disk, or on the net, and put it in your windows system folder.

If its already in the system folder, the version is too old.

When you get the hlink.dll, go into run and type
    regsvr32 c:\windows\system\hlink.dll

Of course its not nescessarily c:\windows\system, but you get the idea.

This dll can be found in one of the IE5 cabs.
    IE_1.cab

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

www.openoffice.org - who needs powerpoint ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭gaizka71

open office is quite ok, but it can not be compared in a pro enviroment with MS Office,
    certain options specially on excel can not be compared and if we start talking about Hyperion.....

I know it is not ideal, but it is the real world out there...

btw, I do have openoffice 1.1.0 installed in the same machine and quite like some of its features.

BTW problem solved, thanks very much

Advertisement