Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just to put things in perspective

• 27-11-2003 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

Bredbandsbolaget an ISP in Sweden has offered the following to its customers: 100 Mbps for 111,81 dollars a month!!!

There is one drawback though, it has a download limit.

The good thing is that it is 300 GB :ninja:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭visigoth

100mbps!?? the maddness!!! you sure it's that high, for THAT price???

But COME ON, 300GB d/l limit? Who in their right mind needs to be able to d/l THAT much? (Naughty ppl with too much time on their HANDS! heh)

Well... I suppose... them sweeds... they are a bit MAD, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭joerules

Hehehe. I've got YahooBB! here is Japan. It's their 24Mbyte service. Costs around 30 quid or less a month. No download limit. If my house was wired up with optical fibre (many if not most new houses are now) then I could get a 100MB service. It costs about 35-40 quid a month. Then you have to pay about a fiver for an ISP. There is no download limit. My friend is considering this because he can't get DSL (he's on fibre line).

Just to console you though. There are few places where you can download very fast. kazaa never goes above 150kb/sec for me. Overnet is a bit better. Bittorrent works better. Basically it's because few people have fast uploads. FTP works very well when you can get a file from many sites. Downloading ISO images in less than 10 mins is great :-) Microsoft seem to have a great connection too.

That's my two cents (or (y)en).

Joe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

That sounds great, seeing as how I'm looking at moving over there next year hehe :)

Advertisement