Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which one is best for me?

• 27-11-2003 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Ive read a lot of the stickys etc. and i reckon im gonna take the plunge and go broadband.
    im just wondering if any one has any recomendations.
    Id be updating sites a lot, downloading a good amount. Wouldnt really be playing games online but i might if a good game came along. Vast amounts of speed arent really needed. 256/512K downloads would be more than enough. I dont want a download cap, and if there is one its gotta be big , none of the 5/6 Gig business. im based near Dublin City centre.

Anyone got anything in mind?

gar

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Well if you dont want a cap then Irish Broadband are for you they are the wireless service people, but be careful there have been many copmlaints about there service levels..... If you want a fixed line connection UTV have a 8Gb Uploading cap and no downloading cap from what I hear you should go for them, I have ESAT IOLBB and I'm quite happy with it I've never passed my 8Gb cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    UTV have a 8Gb Uploading cap and no downloading cap...

That's 8Gb downloading cap and no uploading cap, actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

The most reliable uncapped broadband service would be Esat Business (also most expensive of course). If you cant or dont want them then your gonna run into some problems wherever u go, wether from dload caps, poor speeds or other dodgy stuff.

IBB would probably be a good choice seeing as you aint agamer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Netsourse basic package (SoHo) has a 16gb cap limit per month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

Originally posted by tomk
    That's 8Gb downloading cap and no uploading cap, actually.
    Take a look at FatherDougle's post here. Looks lke the 8GB applies to both download and upload.
    Originally posted by Venom
    Netsourse basic package (SoHo) has a 16gb cap limit per month.
    The only problem with this is if you go over the cap at all, rather than charging you, they throttle your account so you can only download at 1kb/s. Plus, they no longer take residential custom, you have to be a business. Oh, and did I mention the fact that they charge €10 per month for a domain name?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Serbian
    Take a look at FatherDougle's post here. Looks lke the 8GB applies to both download and upload.
    That post refers explicity to IOLBB. The statement you're following up to was UTV have a 8Gb Uploading cap and no downloading cap...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

Whoops sorry about that. Well, at least you know IOL's cap applies to both upload and download :p

Advertisement