Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free ! 3.0 Ghz from Dell

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Originally posted by woooooooo
    OMFG WTF?
    I just got a call from dell stating the order will go through at the correct price. when I asked to cancel it he was told thered be an 18 euro cancelation fee. Is this legal?
    just as well they closed before i finished filling out my details! i'm sure if you kick up enough of a fuss they won't charge you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 robio

Ah scheissen pause, lucky i just ran outta time if u gotta pay to cancel! tell them its their mistake so they can F.u.c.k off
    hi carrotcake! hast du durchfall????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

I managed to order aswell.

I never thought they'd honour it, but it sure was funny :)

If they charge me a cancellation fee, this is going to every mediasite I can think of, including the screenshots I took of each page while ordering.

I'm gonna wait to see what happens, but it was funny while it lasted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

OMFG WTF?
    I just got a call from dell stating the order will go through at the correct price. when I asked to cancel it he was told thered be an 18 euro cancelation fee. Is this legal?
    What time did you put in your order at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

surely u can refuse to pay this. u never agreed to pay a higher price at any time. they cant make u buy something u dont want. out of interest what was the price they asked for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

Nice signature there Robio, it takes up my entire screen here and weighs in at a hefty 30k :p

As for the Dell systems, they were never going to honour them, but fair play to the chancers who tried to order them ;)

Serb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 woooooooo

1370 :((
    I'm gonna ring my solicitor and ask him about it, i'll keep you posted.

actually ive just noticed that the guy who said dell rang him has all of 1 post. registered today. TROLL i say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

OMFG WTF?

As they say, it's not a legally binding contract until you get the order confirmation.
    I don't see how they can charge you anything if there is no legally binding contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

OMFG WTF?

According to the Consumer Association of Ireland that is not legal. They have to give you the option to either pay for it at the higher price or cancel it. And they cannot make you pay a cancellation charge to do so. It was their mistake not the consumers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Companies have honoured orders in cases like this before (so they look like honourable people).

Companies have honoured orders in cases like this before (so they look like honourable people).

Not DELL, just look at their last screwup (yesterday).

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/internet/ecommerce/0,39020372,39118131,00.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

I printed off my receipt , does this not mean they have to guarantee the pc or its fraud on their part?

Originally posted by Talliesin
    Yeah, but I'd say with the volume of those PCs that were ordered there's not chance it'll happen in this case.
    Unless Dell really wanted to shift all those Dimensions that is :)

I printed off my receipt , does this not mean they have to gurantee the pc or its fraud on their part?

Nope, its not fraud on their part, and you won't get it.
    Knowing Dell's past history regarding pricing screwups, the best you can hope for is a discount.

Originally posted by Sposs
    I printed off my receipt , does this not mean they have to gurantee the pc or its fraud on their part?
    AFAIK, no. It's the next receipt they send out (the one that it says wait 2-3 working days for) that guarantees it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Originally posted by Frank_Grimes
    AFAIK, no. It's the next receipt they send out (the one that it says wait 2-3 working days for) that guarantees it.

Has anyone got one of them receipts? Nice if someone actually got one of them. Ask them can ya upgrade the memory or something while your at it:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

no email back and forgot to print order #
    silly dell

Please post here if Dell contacts you back. I really want to know what they are going to do.

Thanks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

sent an email to theinquirer.net (who had the article about axim's going cheap)
    about the error.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭s8n

I rang dell. they are looking into it and will be in touch. I gave them the whole consumer rights spiel but I don't think it's goin to make a difference.

Im going to scream like a bitch if they try back out of this one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

A friend of mine works there, so i called him and he looked into my order for me.
    Dell will honour 10 of these and reject the rest.
    Apparently they are sorry for their mistake and as a gesture of good faith will honour 10.
    Looks like i'm one of the 10 according to my mate. He is fairly high up in there so i reckon he's used his influence.
    Great to have friends in high places.

By the way they got orders from 314 people in less than an hour. News travels fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

First ten, last ten , random ten? Surely honouring it at all gives everyone who ordered a case? Class action lawsuit anyone?? :)

yeah, this cannot be correct. Honouring 10 sounds stupid to me, and I agree that it will simply make the remaining people very pissed off.

If I was working for Dell, and would honour all or none, anything else doesn't make sense.

I thnk its a random 10.
    They won't publicise it but will call the 10. I think its only out of people in REP Of Ireland. They had a lot of orders from the north.
    Honouring 10 says 'My mistake, sorry about messing up my prices, but i can't give you all cheap pcs now can i?'

I'm still waiting for my official call even tho i've been told its coming.
    I'm told nobody has a case at all. Its just a gesture of good faith.
    Its happened on several sites before including amazon.
    Of course you'll have to go to court to find out and my mate says they are not at all worried about this because they will win no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Honouring 10 will make the exclusive 10 very happy, but the others even more pissed off than they would have been otherwise.

Though they did do something similar with the last thing they mispriced (Axims?). They sent out a handful as far as I can tell from the Dell forums.

whats the address of the dell forums?

Got the call :)
    I've been told not to tell anyone else who ordered. oops.

• Advertisement

What exactly was said?

Advertisement