Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text based relational db?

Options
  • 27-11-2003 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

I have two comma delimted text files.

I want to pretend they are both DBs and do a join and create a new output. Is there anything that can do this? Or do I have to import it into a DB first?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Zaltais

In perl you can use the DBD::CSV module, which will treat any CSV file as a DB and using the standard DBI module you can execute arbitrary SQL on your CSV file...

Since you haven't told us what language you're using I don't know if this is any help whatsoever.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

You might want to look at the Unix "join" command or even the "comm" command.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

I know you're a bit of a Java-head so you might prefer this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/csvjdbc/

Not sure how good it is though.

AFAIK there are a few JDBC/CSV drivers out there.

Also of interest to you might be hsqldb.

Advertisement