Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

your take on things

Options
  • 27-11-2003 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Just looking to see which angles on what topics you people would like to hear about....

Any issue you don't think is being covered properly in the media, please feel free to contact us here..

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Originally posted by newstalk
    Any issue you don't think is being covered properly in the media, please feel free to contact us here..
    Whom would we be contacting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

Originally posted by newstalk
    Just looking to see which angles on what topics you people would like to hear about....
    Regards
    Newstalk: please clarify, are an employee of Newstalk 106? If so, I really like the station, Declan Kiberd and David McWilliams (my morning and lunchtime listening) are both excellent. Keep up the good shows.

Ideas for a take on things? Here's one I was talking about with my mates last weekend: I recently heard a TV guy say make a statement that "the Irish are passionate about sport". I disagree: we're passionate about going to the pub, or watching sport, but we're not passionate about participating in sports which is what that statement should really mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭newstalk

The Right Hook 4.30-7pm

Contact me on brian@newstalk106.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

You could just read the current topics in this forum to get a sense of how the posters' attitudes lie. Just be aware there's a spectrum - Bonkey's posts are generally very well thought ought and argued, for example, whereas Cork... well.... we have a rule in here about not attacking the poster, so I can't really complete the sentence. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

What sparks says, if someone posts a topic and people respond to it, then that is obviously something people are engaged with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by Sparks
    YBonkey's posts are generally very well thought ought and argued, for example,

Oi. I take offence to that. THey may be well argued (kind of you to say), but they're rarely well thought out :)

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

From http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127603 ...
    Im not sure that the situation with play isnt a little more complicated since some of their stuff ships from belgium and of Jersey's status as part of the UK. (afaik)

Incidentally MODS there are also threads on this subject in :

Bargains
    RipOffIreland
    Afterhours
    Music radio.

Something tells me this one is gonna be a hottie!
    If your looking for a "Hot Topic", this one has been kicking off on various boards today (IRMA versus CDWow).

Advertisement