Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What exactly is trolling?

• 27-11-2003 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

It's posting something inflammatory just for the sake of it, just to get people worked up.

amp summed it up well in his journal:
    amp: Don't worry, lots of people get confused between the two. Ok, a flame is an attack on another poster eg: You're a wanker! and a troll is anything used to get a rise out of someone. Trolling is often more complex than flaming. A troller will often pretend to believe in something, often outrageous in order to make the target react and look stupid. A good troller will examine their intended target to try and find out what will anger them into a response. Example:

amp: The world is flat!
    Target: Don't be stupid it's been proven that the earth is round
    amp: Then why does the sun set and rise?
    Target: [Long tedious explaination and proof of the earths roundness]
    amp: I have a spirit level which proves the earth is flat
    Target: OMG YOU'RE SO STUPID! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! *FOAMS AT MOUTH*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

oh my god thats a briliant example, still Lol. Thats just fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Puck ffs everyone knows the earth is flat, what a crap example to give, I mean really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

OMG YOU'RE SO STUPID! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! *FOAMS AT MOUTH*

:p

Advertisement