Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-in-one Fax/Printer/Scanner/Copier for home office...

• 27-11-2003 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Am looking to buy one of the above(new). Had a scout around the net & @ the moment it's probably between Canon SmartBase MP730 & HP OfficeJet 6110. Anyone any experience with these or recommend alternatives. Don't reckon it'll be heavily used so maybe these are overkill. feedback appreciated...

jd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Unless the fax is really necessary for you in the unit give the EPSON CX3200 a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jd72

Fax/Printer/Scanner/Copier are all necessary but none of these will be heavily used.., anyone recommend alternatives or have issues/positives with the ones I already mentioned...

jd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Merrion

You might look at getting seperates if space is not an issue - that way if one part goes wrong you don't lose the use of all three while it is repaired and also if one technology advances sufficiently for you to consider an upgrade you don't have to upgrade the whole thing?

I use an Epson Photosmart 1600 scanner because it has a negative scanner and twice the resolution of the nearest all-in-one machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

I've had dealings with a number of HP all in one devices and treated myself to its Laser relation (the LaserJet 3330mfp) last year. All in all I find the devices themselves, both ink jet and laser, to be reliable and prone to doing what they say on the box. Worth considering purchasing their 3 year on site warrant pack though.

The downside with HP is their software (and the vast amount of junk it installs on your PC) and their software support, which is very patchy.

Advertisement