Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this company legitimate

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

God, if that site is legit please do get back asap.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

3.5 For all orders, UNLOCKEDPHONES-UK.COM Limited will accept payment by way of payment cards.Payment by way of Visa or MasterCard may be accepted provided that UNLOCKEDPHONES-UK.COM receive a signed authorisation form and copies of the credit card (front & back) by either fax or by post (see the contact details below).

That looks quite dodgey...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Interesting discussion on that site from Howard Forums

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

there is no need for them to have a photo copy of the card at all

they are dodgey don't deal with them

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

taken from that link to howards forum
    Not only that, but i did a quick check on the WHOIS info for the domain name unlockedphones-uk.com and came up with:

Domain Name.......... unlockedphones-uk.com
    Creation Date........ 2003-10-03
    Registration Date.... 2003-10-03
    Expiry Date.......... 2004-10-03
    Organisation Name.... R B Nall
    Organisation Address. 979 Chiquita Rd
    Organisation Address.
    Organisation Address. Healdsburg
    Organisation Address. 95448
    Organisation Address. CA
    Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... R B Nall
    Admin Address........ 979 Chiquita Rd
    Admin Address........
    Admin Address........ Healdsburg
    Admin Address........ 95448
    Admin Address........ CA
    Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
    Admin Email.......... unlockeduk@yahoo.com

Looks like this site is brand new...not to mention the fact that the registrant used US info. I'd say be very careful about this...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Asking for a photocopy back and front of the card is not as unusual as you think...many Irish hotels ask for this is you make a booking over the phone with a CC. The objective is to verify that the card is in your possession and not a number you picked up somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

it's a scam

although the titlebar says otherwise, both the verisign and trust-e pages are fakes which are stored on the scammer's site. (right-click the loaded page and hit properties. also view source and notice the <title> tag)

compare this to, say, http://www.macromedia.com/help/privacy.html and you'll see that the pages are on the verisign and trust-e servers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

thanks guys just confirmed my suspicious nature noticed the us link originally which was the first thing that threw me, just goes to show it pays to be vigilant
    no such thing as a free (or cheap ) lunch i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

• Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

already did that thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement