Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake III: Arena has gone gold

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

What a pile of pi$$....well i don't care im off to play my amiga...way better than that smelly old ST.....then im off to play my SNES....so much better than that mega drive....then ill have a bash on my N64 which by the way is way better than the playstation...then im off to support celtic...who by the way...are way ****ing better than rangers.
    Then after all that i may read the Beano...which..is so much better than the Dandy.....and on a closing note....Sony kick the ar$e off philips...so much better.Paris is way better than London to....Superman would bate the boll0cks off batman to.....

knife......sarcasm......

Ps.Rugby is better than football.
    boyz are better than girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

must go to game now , gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

whoa whoa whoa there just back up just for one minute there. The ST rocked and the Amiga was crap. Both companies eventually went bust but at least Atari managed to release a console which was a total disaster. Take it Commodore.

btw, I'm also gonna buy both games, there's no point in passing judgement just yet. Let's just say UT is better online then Q3 atm, but having said that I'll be buying both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

hmm, A few of you seem to missing the general thread of this. Im certainly not getting into a UT/Q3 debate cos its a waste of time.

The point im making is that ID are being absolutely silly going Gold with all those funnies in their product. Maybe I should start a new thread so people will get the idea.

Oh, may I remind people who rant about UT, i believe their is a whole bored dedicated to UT. Go post your 'Loudness' there and leave this Quake Stuff alone :0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

hehe MP,

I agree it's dissapointing the amount of bugs in Q3demotest. It really looks like they did a late night to get that one out, and stuck a "TEST" on the end of the name cos they realised they sent off the wrong version or something.

I'm sure the patches will sort everything out, but It'd be nice to get a finished fps game in a box for once (Q1, 2, Unreal, sin, kingpin, half-life all needed massive patches before they got reasonably bug-free).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Man, all of these negative comments are too heavy. Why can't we talk about rainbows for a change.
    It's enuf to put me off buying either UT or Q3A. I had plans on buying the latter, but don't think I'll bother now. To me the main thing is gameplay, not cutesy graphics. I don't give a $hit if Q3A looks better than QW, I still prefer QW for its speed.
    Ahh well, until March 2000 when TF2 will conquer...

Slán,
    jAH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

what does (sic) mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 RFK

When someones quoting something and there's an error in the original text, they put (sic) in to show its not their mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Jesus dev I was taking the ****, hence the ':@)' at the end. I was playing on the fact that you always get accused of this sort of thing.....

Who cares if some people salg one game of the other. The point of this thread is MP saying he is dissapinoted that they have gone gold with an imperfect product, and it will be patch city, that is not trash talk, that is fact.

Q3 will do ninja ass well, everyone will buy it, but if some ppl dont like it that they are free to say so, just as if ppl dont like UT (like EWJ for example) he is more than free to say so as much as he likes.

Freedom of speech and all that, you can say what you want, as can I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Firstly, freedom of speech doesn't exist here. So you CAN'T say what you want. Freedom of speech is a myth.

Secondly, arguing over opinion is no argument at all. It simply makes all concerned seem stupid. However everyone falls into this pit-trap, as do I. Unavoidable yet infinitly pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭DeV

hehe, an ":^)" hides a multitude of sins :p

I agree with freedom of true speech... I just back mine up :p

Ah, people always read my posts in a serious voice in their heads and I'm not always serious.

However, it DOES seem like noone is saying "hey UT sucks in xyz respect" where as all the whining is going on on the Q3 side of things. That could be because UT has no problems (not true, the lack of strafe running annoys me and removes a certain depth, albeit quake-related, from the game, frames on UT are nothing to write home about and Epic have released their turkeys before xmas too, anyone recall networking code in original Unreal?).
    It just seems kinda petty. We all play games, I dont really mind which.

UT roxors, but Q3 feels like home for some reason...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ah tom
    im disappointed.....

i thought with all this resignation from this that and t'other youd get a bit opinionated and militeristic,
    not all diplomatic and schmaaltzy!

say it lad

i love q3a
    i hate UT..it suxors

go on, it feels good to hate. join the dark side etc etc etc etc.

and here, whats all this about comic store owner voices?
    dont quiet get that meself i must say.

you ppl ought to get out more

and not a smiley to be seen.
    a multitude of sins eh?

well, im of to tghe botanic gardens now to do some sketching.
    later all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭DeV

Vagga writes:
    >Dev your some man to talk about vested >intrests and only saying and doing because >you own or have an intrest in >something.. :@)

Um, excuse the **** out of me?

Considering my recent resignation from all things Quake-Organisational, I dont see how saying "hey, cant we just play both" is feathering my own bed.

If I thought UT was better then Q3 or vice versa, I might start a national team for one or the other or neither. I could care less which game wins out (if one does even).

Compare that with the "its not gold" "its crap" "its buggy" comments coming from the UT camp with what appears to be a mixture of glee and trepidation.

So exactly what ARE my hidden "vested intrests" (sic) which I am evangelising because "you own or have an intrest (sic) in something.. "

Tom.

Advertisement