Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dat file to mp3 ?

Options
  • 27-11-2003 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

Anyone tell me how to change an Mp3 file that has been associated to a Dat file back to mp3 please! when I try to open the album it is looking for the Divx player, but it will play in realplayer , I want to put it on CDR so I need to change it back to mp3.

Cranoo> :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I don't understand.

Is the file still called "Mysong.mp3", or is it now called "Mysong.dat"?

If so, you can just change the name of it.

If it's still called "Mysong.mp3", but when you double-click it it opens the wrong player, then you open explorer, go to Tools->Folder Options->File Types. In the list of extensions, you choose mp3, then click delete, and then OK.

The next time you double-click on an mp3 file, it'll ask you what you want to use to open it, and you choose the right player.

Either way, your burning software shouldn't have any problem with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭cranoo

OK Thanks Seamus ;)

Advertisement