Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conditional formatting in Excel 2002

Options
  • 27-11-2003 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I need help with a conditional formatting problem. I have the following fields in Excel:

id:
    first name:
    surname:
    position:
    fte:

and beside each of them is a corresponding cell saying either true or false.

what I need excel to do automatically, is to change the listed felds above to a red font if true or leave as if, If false.

Is there anyway to do this... preferably by Macro...

many thanks,
    BW

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Format menu and then Conditional formatting for the rows/columns/cells you want to take care of should do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bikini widow

I was trying conditional formating but the problem is:

That I have to somehow conditionally format the cell to the left of the true/false cell to turn to a red font if the true/false cell says true.

And for some reason I can't get my head around it. :-(

eg: rough excel table

ID: ID: CHK NAME: NAME CHK:
    0456 FALSE JOHN FALSE
    0457 TRUE MARY FALSE

the cell to the left of true will then automatically turn red.... As in this case it would be Marys ID numbe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 But

Hi,

Rather than using the 'Is Cell Value' option in conditional formatting, try using
    the 'Formula Is' option. Then use a formula like '=NOT($C$2)' which will apply
    the formatting if cell C2 is false

HTH

But

Advertisement