Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Analogue Modem Router?

Options
  • 27-11-2003 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Anyone know of a currently-available analogue modem router. Only need single modem port and single Ethernet connection? Need to provide "set and forget" dial-in access to a network. 3Com did have one but it is now discontinued. Dlink had a DL-520+ 2-modem unit, but I can't find this being supplied now.

Either of the above from a valid source (not e-bay!) would suit, or a low-cost functional equivalent.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

4 10/100 LAN + 1 WAN Port Broadband Router with Parallel Port Print Server; ext power €79.00 + VAT

http://www.jaguarcompsys.ie/support/networking.htm
    They delivered an SMC barricade smc7004abr 4x100
    and WAN port and parallel port
    - it's got a serial port for dial up too - you need an external modem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Probably serious overkill for your needs, and definitely not low cost, but some models of Apple Airport will do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭captainpat

Thanks guys,

The router from SMC looks to be the answer. It also solves another problem (challenge) on my long list, with its Print Server function. Funny thing is, Google results put me off routers with serial ports. But it won't break the bank to find out, and the unit will be useful in any case.

Thanks again.

Advertisement