Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holy crap - this guy beat Super Mario Bros. 3 in eleven minutes

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

This wasn't the same guy that finished Pacman? (finished all 99 level's 99 times, picking up every bonus and eating every enemy?)

On the MTV Game program (the one that followed yer man that won the Q3 tournament in Dallas) he was on it and said that he is planning his next big thing - that will shock the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

am I the only one that cant download this file no matter how hard I try?
    there a link on suprnova that says "mario 3 in 1:10, no deaths", but thats about 500mb..and even though I have BB, theres not a hope in hell I'll dl that

edit: for anyone else having trouble downloading, theres a working link here:
    http://cheaters.fcksmegood.com/stuff/

...change the fcks to...well,add in a U. I'll leave it up to you to decide where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Originally posted by ][Dermington][
    that is truly legendary.....

almost as legendary as me taking literally 200 tries at getting the invincibility cheat in goldeneye on the N64....the facility on 00 agent in 2:05....

I spent hours and hours trying to get that and the invisibility cheat on archives. Never got invincibility but eventually got invisibility :D It was the best day of my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Invincibility just took a lot of luck (the placement of Doctor Doak) to do, there wasn't really much more to it than that other than learning off the perfect "racing line".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Faust

I still can't get that video i feel like im cursed. Would'nt it be better if he put as much time into curing cancer than trying to finish Mario 3 in 11 minutes??? I guess not.. Finishing Mario 3 in 11 minutes is pretty impressive... I SUPPOSE!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Faust
    I still can't get that video i feel like im cursed. Would'nt it be better if he put as much time into curing cancer than trying to finish Mario 3 in 11 minutes??? I guess not.. Finishing Mario 3 in 11 minutes is pretty impressive... I SUPPOSE!!
    Finishing SMB3 in 11mins is also easier :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Anyone got links to any more videos of classic games cleared quickly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

The links for that video dont work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

great vid its got me playing mario 3 again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

pff... thats mad. its like all he does is play the damn thing....loser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

i've tried to do the same thing with mario 64, much harder to do. check it out

http://www.yorema.com/~adnans/mario_low.avi

adnans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

supposedly the mario3 video was faked. it was meant to have been done in an emulator and played at a fraction of the normal speed and any mistakes were rewound and done properly over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

i really want to see this, can someone post a working link, save target as doesn't work and the homepage is chinese or something:(

btw, adnans lol:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    supposedly the mario3 video was faked. it was meant to have been done in an emulator and played at a fraction of the normal speed and any mistakes were rewound and done properly over again.
    That was my first though too. Its easily done, but you have to agree that some bits are done with skill (particularly the canonball hopping, and the speed completion of level 1, 2 and 3).

- Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

angelofdeath, try this CLICKY LINKY I couldn't get any of those other links to work, but aquick google got it for me.

right click and choose 'save as', and you should be grand.

tis workin(albeit 49mins at6.6kb/s), cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

np, glad to be of service. ;)

tbh it was getting on my tits too,seeing everyone talk about it and not being able to get to it meself. :rolleyes:

anyway, all fixed now.

omfg, thats un****ingbelievable:eek:

Someone puts in all that effort and all they get in return is being called sad and a cheat :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Did he use the level skipping flute thing?

I remember my dad found that when I was terribly young, and he suddenly became a hero :P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

There is no God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Originally posted by daveirl
    Yep it was faked but apparently the guy who put it up on his site said as much but it was in Japanese so no-one understood.

I wouldn't conside using the flutes cheating though.
    Wait - how is using a very part of the game (the flutes) to complete it in the shortest possible time cheating? If he used reg-hacks or something, fine; but he completed it fair and square...

he's still sad though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

it was played slowed down in the emulator, and his mistakes were rewound and he did them again over the right way. that was the cheating not using the flutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Originally posted by ][Dermington][
    that is truly legendary.....

almost as legendary as me taking literally 200 tries at getting the invincibility cheat in goldeneye on the N64....the facility on 00 agent in 2:05....

I failed......i did get the golden gun though....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I managed to get that cheat! :D Fantastic I was at it. FAN BLOODY TASTIC lemme tell ya.

Ry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

That was so cool!

Time for me to play Mario 3 again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

my life dream has been smashed before my eyes
    back to alcohol as a remedy i think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement