Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X box mod chip scene

Options
  • 27-11-2003 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

anyone into this at all, is it worth getting a chip what good emu's are available for the xbox......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

its well worth doing if you are into emulators i have mine done for playing them it works perfectly id recomend getting a bigger dard drive in it if you are getting it done also try to get the xbox with a samsung dvd drive its got much better compatibility with different types of media unlike the thompson and philips drive
    just do a search on google full of good info
    Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

what is the best chip to get, if i just wanna play a few emu's

and

anywere in the monaghan/louth region that does it well and cheap?

Get an Xecuter 2 with a good xecuter bios dont buy 1 with cromwell bios as they only run linux no idea were you can get it chipped in that region but if your in dublin go to gamezone in talbot street
    Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭MÓC

How hard is it to install a new dashboard with emulators once its chipped ???

Is it tricky getting the media players working on it ??

How good do divx movies look on a proper tv ??

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

How hard is it to install a new dashboard with emulators once its chipped ???

Easy enough

Is it tricky getting the media players working on it ??

Not at all

How good do divx movies look on a proper tv ??

Bloody great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

i like chameleons too - but if you're into soldering and you have an old xbox(made before feb this year) you can choose from lots more cheaper chips

Im gonna have to agree with moridin cause i couldnt have said it better theres loads of faqs availble for evolution x available
    Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

Originally posted by peterk19
    Get an Xecuter 2 with a good xecuter bios dont buy 1 with cromwell bios as they only run linux no idea were you can get it chipped in that region but if your in dublin go to gamezone in talbot street
    Pete

Any idea of how much gamezone charge?

I see the Xecuter 2.3b (Pro?) mentioned a lot - is this what they install?
    Are the bioses easy to source?

Or anyplace else reliable to buy the chip online? Interested in emulators
    and movies. My XBox is only a couple weeks old so I assume its the
    latest revision.

cheers...

“Roll it back”

Originally posted by ozmo
    Any idea of how much gamezone charge?

I see the Xecuter 2.3b (Pro?) mentioned a lot - is this what they install?
    Are the bioses easy to source?

Or anyplace else reliable to buy the chip online? Interested in emulators
    and movies. My XBox is only a couple weeks old so I assume its the
    latest revision.

cheers...

they'll probably install whatever chip you ask for - be wary though that they don't just install a cheaper modchip with an xecutor2 bios on it. you used to be able to get the chameleons easily online off easybuy2k but the creators are arguing with them at the moment - http://www.divineo.co.uk seams ok - i guess this time of year it'll take a while to arrive. if you're up to installing it yourself the lite should be handier

Nige

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

i install executors , pm me for info..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

I'm thinking of getting an Xecuter 2.3b Pro - £41.00 from mrmodchips.com.

I cant find whether there is, but is there an external switch so I can change between original and new BIOS - to play Xbox Live on?

I'm probably gonna go all out while i'm at it, and install ~80gb Hard Drive. Any specific spec HDD I should use?

I'm getting an inexperienced, but smart person to install it (using tutorials and the likes) with a guarantee - will he manage or should I get an experienced person to do it?

The Xbox is going to be use to play backed-up games (can they use dvd-r and dvd+r discs?), divX files (can it play them straight off a data cd?) - should I get a lower ranged/cheaper mod chip?

Originally posted by conZ
    I'm thinking of getting an Xecuter 2.3b Pro - £41.00 from mrmodchips.com.

I cant find whether there is, but is there an external switch so I can change between original and new BIOS - to play Xbox Live on?

yep to disable the chip and for selecting banks
    I'm probably gonna go all out while i'm at it, and install ~80gb Hard Drive. Any specific spec HDD I should use?

the quieter the better but any ide drive will do - i use a samsung 5400 with quietdrive tech - it;s great
    I'm getting an inexperienced, but smart person to install it (using tutorials and the likes) with a guarantee - will he manage or should I get an experienced person to do it?

if they're used to soldering then it'll be no probs - get them to used the alt d0 on the underside of the board
    The Xbox is going to be use to play backed-up games (can they use dvd-r and dvd+r discs?), divX files (can it play them straight off a data cd?) - should I get a lower ranged/cheaper mod chip?

it depends on the drive in the xbox but should be ok on either + or - samsung is the bst to have

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

if the chip installed features the drive open mode? i.e. that the drive will open and the machine wont reset.

Originally posted by wild_eyed
    if the chip installed features the drive open mode? i.e. that the drive will open and the machine wont reset.

it's a bios thing not a chip thing - xecutor2 1979 should do the trick

Nige

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

does this gamezone sell and chip xbox's?? didnt think anyshop would do that in ireland. I just got a secondhand xbox and want to mod it for it for divx,mp3s. Does anyone know how much it would cost altogether to buy the chip and get it installed and how long does it take- a few hours, a few days ??

ps: will they put the xb media center on it and the evo dashboard

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

i know a guy in dublin who sells premod xboxs and prolly mods peoples as well. PM me for his email address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

u dont need to chip em now-theres an exploit available which is much cheaper as installation is a lot easier-it has its advantages/disadvantages over traditional hardware chipping but worht looking into if u just want it for the usual chippign reasons/

I could sort you out too - install includes usual apps.

gsand - do you mean the splinter cell exploit? not everyones cup of tea but it works well if you flash the onboard bios - otherwise you can't eject the dvd drive and would have to use a network - some things won't sign with it(habbi xbe signing) also

Nige

thanx for the offers but i think i'll do it myself, just have to find out where to get a fibreglass pen

ps: a friend is going to get his chipped too so i'll let him know there is plenty of people in here who'll do it

fibreglass pen? do you mean one of those pens for fixing broken traces? you can get them in maplins - go down the the solder route though - you'll thank me ;)

• Advertisement

for scraping off the lacquer, if i was in dublin id take up your offer but im not and i can't solder so im just gonna get that xecuter 2.3b+ chip and install it myself,

ahh right - if you're going no solder you should be grand - shouldn't really need to remove the lacquer. the pen side of an eraser does the trick too btw ;)

thanx for the info. its an xbox version v1.1, i read somewhere that for v1.0s that u dont need to do anything to the d0 point, do u know if its the same for the v1.1 as i cant find any info. I dont want to have to order one from maplin.co.uk just for some thing that costs a few quid and be charged about 15 quid. And im athlone, and i dont want to waste money going to dublin or galway just for something im going use for a few mins and never again.

penside of an eraser? the rough for side of a rubber/eraser?

most v1.1 boards are grand - some do have lacquer on them though - best bet is to give it a bash - i reckon you'll be ok - yeah the rough bit of the eraser if you need it

Nige

Advertisement