Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winamp & DRM

Options
  • 27-11-2003 8:48pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well everything was fine for past few months till I reinstall windows on my pc last week (patched it and install updates except for anything to do with WMP)
    I installed Winamp 2.x and got the below message (screenshot below), I thought weird I'll reinstall....same thing.

So for a time I forgot about it as I'm not to pushed at the moment.
    Today I installed Winamp 5 RC8 and again got the same message (below)
    mp3's play fine in Media Player Classic and BSPlayer but winamp gets the error message on every start and this can cause winamp to become very unstable.

From what I've found on google its to do with Digital Rights Managment, I personally don't see this as a good thing.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    and please don't suggest installing the latest and greated WMP.

winamp.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

All fixed now :D

Advertisement