Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Word Toolbars - Need Help

Options
  • 27-11-2003 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Microsoft Word 2000

I closed a Word doc earlier on and opened another one and ALL the toolbars had vanished.

I have been fiddling around with it for ages, I've shut it down and loaded it up again, I've tried EVERYTHING but I can't seem to get my toolbars back.

Any suggestions???

:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

View > Toolbars > select the one you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Darth Henry

that toolbar isn't there either.

i can't click file - view - edit - tables - help etc

any other ideas?

:(

When you open Word what can you see?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Word toolbars - what fun !

Resize desk top to 1280x1024 , drag toolbar to bottom corner. Resize back to original size.
    When victim comes back, tell them to reinstall. When that doesn't work tell them to uninstall - be very insistant they click on "remove all". Try to hold a straight face when they come back again...
    If they don't find that funny - take a printscreen of their desktop - move all the icons, minimise the taskbar and drag to the top of the screen and use the printscreen as the wall paper :D
    (Helps if you resize the monitor controls so the tool bar is no longer visible)

OK while You can reset the toolbar it's just the icons on the toolbars. But if a toolbar was dragged to the edge of the screen it will stay there unless you delete the .stf file (M$ leave that one in case you try to clean out the registry manually) or whatever.

Alt- V will bring up the toolbars menu
    If full screen is ticked - untick it.
    Close all other windows and drag/drop the taskbar to the four corners of the screen in case the toolbar is hiding under it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Darth Henry

firstly: ALT and V doesn't work.

what do i see: Document 1 Microsoft Word on topleft. the blue taskbar across the top. no menus at all not even file - edit etc.

right clicking on top doesn't work.

suggestions?

:(

• Advertisement

Sounds utterly borked..... reinstall?

Advertisement