Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to buy cases

Options
  • 28-11-2003 9:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi
    A short time ago someone posted alink to a UK site for cheap cases with only 10 pounds shipping to Ireland, would anyone still have this link?
    I am looking for the cheapest place to buy this case: Lian Li PC-73SL
    For anyone who does not know this case i advice you to google for a review as this in my mind is the most perfect Lian Li case ever!!:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

You would be better of buying from elara!! the exchange rate is terrible £10 for delivery?, with 17.5%VAT means your paying exactly the same price:(, when will the backward idiots join the Euro???.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

no way not having the euro owns i get stuff for cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

much better selection cases than elara tho

How do you get stuff for cheaper??? once you exchange there are no savings for a person using the Euro, the exchange rate being so high. If you live there well WHOP-DE-DO you get paid in £ meaning you still afto work the same amount as someone using € to get something, so?. The only thing you get is a greater selection, that has nothing to do with the € but with the fact that we live in EIRE, compare our prices and selection to .de; you'll see what I mean. The currency is meaningless it may as well be Monopoly money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

It's a very nice looking case but please tell me those awfull wheels come off?:confused:

Best of luck with it, I haven't quite got the balls to put together my own PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Use discountcomputer-ni.com, they have cheap cases, also I saw somewhere with cases for 30 euro the other day in town. Can't remember where unfortunately.

A 30€ case is not something I'd like to put a new PC in unless I'm not planning on ever working on it again and sending it to Mars, believe me I HAVE one of those kinda cases and I regreted getting it from day one the case is a very important component!.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Don't think i'd want to sit near a case that only cost 30 yoyos, the psu must be fairly cheap. Could blow on ya! :p;) . You get what you pay for I suppose. Just bought one for 80 yoyo's (300w) , and that was pretty cheap. I could have got one cheaper online i suppse, but i'm a but impatient. :D

Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Nitrox

When i started this thread it was not for finding 30 euro cases, the one i am after is around the 450-500 euro mark (Lian Li PC-73SL) and if i can i would prefer to get it as cheap as possible.
    My PSU alone cost more than most regular cases at 120 euro but it is worth every cent!!!
    So just a friendly advice, if u plan on spending more than 500 euro on your pc do yourself a favour and do not trust all your nice expensive hardware to a cheap no name 30 euro psu, like putting moped engine in a Porche :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement