Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIWA stereos

Options
  • 28-11-2003 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭

i have an aiwa NSX range stereo and wondering how i can turn on the RDS on it ? the stereo has an old logo on it (apparently that matters)...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Are you sure that the stereo has RDS?

I have an Aiwa hi-fi (don't know the model off hand) and it doesn't do RDS. Doesn't play and CDs now either - but I think that is a different issue :D.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I also have an NSX Aiwa which did have RDS. Depends on the model. Is there an RDS logo printed anywhere on the fascia? If not, then you'll never get RDS info.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Originally posted by byte
    I also have an NSX Aiwa which did have RDS. Depends on the model. Is there an RDS logo printed anywhere on the fascia? If not, then you'll never get RDS info.

yeah it's there.. i just can't figure out how to get it working... the manual is no use whatsoever

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Wow, very wierd. I'm after checking the Aiwa, and lo and behold, I no longer get RDS data either :/

Also strange was that when I put the radio into autotune (press and hold RT button), it doesn't tune any channels. Hmm.

I'm flummoxed! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Interestingly my sister bought an AIWA MP3 discman duty free a couple of weeks ago - the manual and box said that AIWA is actually part of the Sony Corporation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Taken over a long time ago early 80's (well that's when I remember them being linked) about the same time as I found about Seiko and Timex

Before they were a more up market brand, good solid gear. After the walkmans etc. were flimsier than Sony ones..
    IMHO they trashed the brand

Advertisement