Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphic Ninja's Comp for CIE

Options
  • 23-11-1999 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

Sorry for the delay, I finally got it finished.

cie-mp-final.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

effing cool!

worth waiting for.

www.challenge-ie.com has been registered. Hopefully this week, or early next, we'll be moving the site over and getting about 5 columnists set up.

As soon as I have ftp access I'll write the code to cycle the banners. Thanks everyone - this community has more than just FPS talent!

p.s. columns will come with a @challenge-ie email addy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

wan mp!
    new it would rock sunglasses.gif

your not putting up a cycle are yah? i dont see any point...just have a big vote on the boards

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    ps? 0wns U

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Excellent MP. Nothing wrong with a banner cycle chaos.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Banner cycle is a terrible idea. Hope it doesn't go ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I vote for just one banner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭IGN News

if only we could rotate the banners up certain poeples ar$es

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

WTF!!??!! Are you people fukin insane???
    I must be seein a beta release cos it fukin sux anal passage, nice use of purple, AHEM YEAH!

juNk san

ign news is very informative
    bit lame too

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    ps? 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Wan davey......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Well there is a lack of quake/fps related stuff on it.

Rotating banner gets my vote

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Eric, that just fscking kicks a$$.

--

Lads whats the ****ing problem with rotating banners?

There's obviously a couple of excellent ideas/symbols and some damn good banners eg dev/vor/mp to name a few ... [1]

So Vor - whats your problem with it?

Take it easy..

Al.

1. Apologies to those I'm missing, just can't remember them all right now smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I think this comp. has shown that we have some very talented people lurking in this little "community" of ours.

Nice one MP

Personally my opinion would be that, the rotating banner idea is tacky and ugly. There are a fine collection of very bad banners entered into this 'competition' (opinion orientated) and for other countries to see this (without knowing that the banner actually rotates to better ones) would drag down the reputation of Quake players in Ireland.

Also, almost all banners differ from eachother greatly so the overal design of the site will have to be either bland and ****e (to accommodate all banners) or relate to one of the banners and be good 10% of the time, until the banner rotates and then it's ****e 90% of the time.

A vote on which banner is the best is the obvious solution.

[This message has been edited by Vorosha (edited 24-11-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

its up to whoever is doing all the work on the challenge.ie site to decide which or what they want.

I don't think so. The person who's doing all the work on the site invited alot of people to try and help out (in the guise of a banner compo), I guess seeing as it's going to benefit us all and also represent us. I think everyones opinions should be taken on board. Maybe the ultimate decision lands on one person but this doesn't mean that that person won't be swayed or convinced to do it one way or another. It's not simply 'up to' them... I don't think. Is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

i agree with vor,
    it was said at the start of this ickle fiasco that *one* banner would be picked. We're all grown up, I'm sure we'll all settle on what the challenge.ie lads choose as their banner.

Mickah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Ok , Mindphucks then. It class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Leprosy?

Leprosy? Yes, please, with cherries, if it suits.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

It's an exposed burial mound (can't remember the correct term).

Draco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

ehhh, Dolmen?

Looks like the one from the Burren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

jaysus!

what way were yee brought up at all????

it's a Dolmen........most of em are in the Bureen of East Clare....

correct term a portal dolman found in the bog
    cheeky.gif
    Draco i miss your email spam btw sad.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    ps? 0wns U

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Well Holy God,
    Seems some of yous don't know anything about our pagan heritage. Up The Dolmens. That was the two faced statue of Boa Island on my banner by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Love the graphic MP biggrin.gif

J.
    --

John Breslin
    cloud@eircom.net
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~cloud/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

i lika da graphic too much.....and for what tis worth i reckon it shouldn't cycle.

Sorry guys but you can only get Dolmans in France. Remember Obelix outta Asterix?!? Maybe we should reconsider MP's entry? Soz MP!

Cool,
    Daz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭DeV

Ok, I think it will come down to EWJ to choose the banner. I'm not going to have a say because I have a few banenrs in there.

I'll do a page with all the banners on them.

I think some people are mistaking the rotating banner idea somewhat. It wont rotate while someone is looking at it.
    It WILL likely be a different banner from the last time that person visited.

There are many good banners here.
    My vote goes for a different one each unique visitor.

Here are my answers to issues raised above.

1. A standard background colour should be chosen. I think that is going to be black as a fair number of entries use it and its a strong colour that we can be identified with... I cant stand all irish things being green. Ick.

2. Since we are chosing a LIMITED NUMBER of entries the standard will be high. Not all banners entered will be accepted.

The final decision on setup will be EWJ and mine. The final decision on content will be EWJ.

I think once we pick banners we will have to give those people time to really work on their banner, I know mine are knocked up because I dont have 16 hours to put into a final version only to have a different banner picked...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭adra

ere lads...............when's teh like deadline thingy for that yoke then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

choose damos!

Advertisement