Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

foster care

Options
  • 28-11-2003 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

hi

is there anyone reading this that are foster parents... or people who grew up as kids with parents who fosteres.. please contact me.

just im doing my thesis next year on the topic of young carers... and i just thought that maybe some people here may be able to help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Very much involved in fostering, what kind of questions did ya have ?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

Trilo:
    Have you started on this? how's it going? I would presume you've contacted the Irish Foster Care Association

Thanx 4 The Fish:
    Don't you check your pm's? *sniffle*

Fox_in_Socks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Yep we`re fostering a 20 month old little fella.Been with us now since november.
    What questions do you have and Ill try and help.
    Richie.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

you ever go on irc? i wouldnt mind a chat with you... or with thanx4 for that matter... I think a conversation in real time might be faster than questions and answers here...

Fox_in_Socks

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

thanks so much for your interest. i ahvent started this yet, i havent to start it till september but i am doing some light research at the moment.
    what i am interested in is the support network for the children who care ..i.e. the natural children of foster carers.
    i would like to know do the natural children engage in some training or councelling themselves and what kind of support do they get from social services if any.. as it is it is not only the foster parents who do the caring.

if you would like to email me at sandy@rymus.net

and if anyone would be interested in helping me with this i would be very grateful.
    sandy

• Advertisement
Advertisement