Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polar 'Butterflies' on sale today

Options
  • 28-11-2003 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭

Polar release their new single ‘Butterflies’ today, Friday the 28th of November.
    The single was recorded by Polar at Salt Studios and mixed by Mark Dwyer at APT 24 in late September and early October of this year. ‘Butterflies’ also features the tracks ‘The Comfortable Silences’ and ‘All Purpose Underneath’. It is priced €4.99 and is available from:

dublin

tower records
    road records

galway

redlight records

cork

plugd records

waterford

BPM records

wexford

BPM records

online @
    www.roadrecs.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

it was a while coming but when i finally got my hands on butterflies i wasnt disappointed...

its great stuff people so get out there and spend a wee bit of money on a nice piece of ear happiness...

bsides are pretty good too...

i just hope it doesnt take so long to get another few songs outta these guys...

looking forward to icon this evening too ;) and family guy is TV right now... can things get any better today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

is ICON on tonight (being sunday?)? sweet, thought i'd missed all the music with my out-of loop-ness.
    beautiful song, really class.
    good luck..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

I picked myself up a copy today in Tower, but only cos it was cheaper than Kylie's new album (with good reason).

For supporting your band, Mick, can i ask you to donate to the "Damo Needs To Buy The New Kylie Album But Spent His Money On Polar and Wine Fund"?

oh yeah, everyone else, buy the CD, its shiny and full of... songs...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

Originally posted by Achille
    oh yeah, everyone else, buy the CD, its shiny and full of... songs...

you should do our PR damo!!! :D
    of course i'll contribute to the fund too.

thanks to those of you who've picked up the cd hope you've all liked it

http://www.phantomfm.com/thisweek/charts.htm

hup

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭T.B.L.

myself and brian picked up a copy, good stuff lads, hope it charts for yas.

www.beautifullosers.info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Butterflies Inlay gets you 1 euro of the door at the Gigsmart Christmas Party in the Hub on the 18th.

All the best
    Trev

myself and brian picked up a copy, good stuff lads, hope it charts for yas.

nice one lads... aint gonna chart... bad timing for it coming up to crimbo and all

number one in the phantom charts this week though... i'm actually walking around with a big lunatic cmile on e since i found out. think i'm scaring people.

Butterflies Inlay gets you 1 euro of the door at the Gigsmart Christmas Party in the Hub on the 18th.

i'll be outside selling the inlays at 50 cent. honestly ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

'All purpose underneath' That be my song of the year after 'Mandy'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

You lure childern into your Gingerbread house

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

No chance of putting it out on vinyl is there? Call me old fashioned but when I think "single" I think 7". I also think €1.99.

'All purpose underneath' That be my song of the year after 'Mandy'...

we were actually gonna advertise it as just that:D
    No chance of putting it out on vinyl is there? Call me old fashioned but when I think "single" I think 7". I also think €1.99.

i'd love to have put it out on vinyl but it wouldve just taken way too long to get back from the czech republic. also wish we could afford to sell it at €1.99, but, we're losing enough money already without it being extra cheap:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

saw the review in the times...

kind of ****...

well done

was worse than kinda shít. twas awful. still did better than paddy casey;)

oh and he didnt really say anything about our music which is something to draw heart from.

ah sure ya cant win em all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭butterfly

cmon (the fuk) dont listen to the times, the dude (being kevin courtney or one of them yokes) who does the reviewsis a right asshole, honest to God i haven't heard of a single piece of music (except, wait, wait, he liked a beyonce song a few weeks ago) that he actually liked as far as i can remember.
    the song rocks. it really does, i don't know anyone who doesn't like it. so that's 6people dammit! i even made my 'i've been listening to robbie williams ever since i was four and my favourite film is dirty dancing' friend listen to it& now she won't give it back. so i have to buy a new one.... it wasn't a very good plan, but it proved my point. (that teeny boppers are, by nature, dishonest, should not be trusted and should be kept at arm's length at all times) ..oh, & about the song :)

cmon (the fuk) dont listen to the times, the dude (being kevin courtney or one of them yokes) who does the reviewsis a right asshole

I'll pass your regards on to Kevin :)

if you are talking to him, let him know we do have our own gwynnie, no doubt i'm sure he'll be glad to know the roleplay IS complete:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

the only place a gent can get vinyls made is in the czech republic...shame.

just back from paris and me off to prague on thurs!

mick how you jivin?i was in shredds tha day after i saw thee on the link.oy

if you are talking to him, let him know we do have our own gwynnie, no doubt i'm sure he'll be glad to know the roleplay IS complete

Hmm, who would be the Irish equivalent of Gywnnie... Lorraine Keane is already married to yerman from The Devlins. Grainne Seoige? :)

the mystery...

• Advertisement

live review here:

http://www.irismagazine.net/reviews/live/polar1

and for those of you who havent bought it. eh, for shame, go get it now :D

Have you got a link to the Irish Times review?

hehe:D

nicely done. i'm very selective with my links:)

are yis done for this year now?

settling down with the little 'uns for crimbus and the newyear

yeah i think thats us til february 6th

we're hoping to get into the ol studio and do a bit of recording in january but the finances are holding us back, hopefully we'll get random money in christmas cards, fingers crossed.

damn!!

i'll have to bring the ferraris back:mad:

i'd to bring the crimbo pressies back :eek:

anybody still interested in picking up that single, methinks its still in road recs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

It is indeedy a very beautiful song...it gives me butterflies ;)
    Luce :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

I got ya one yesterday Luce, so thanks to Mick for that. :D
    xm

Advertisement