Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pool Table Size ?

Options
  • 28-11-2003 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭

I reckon one of the rooms in my new house might be big enough for a pool table.

I am thinking of a cheapo second hand pub pool table, I don't know what the table size is, or even if there is one, can anyone tell me what a standard pool table size would be ? Also how much space I would need around all sides for cues etc.... I suppose I could cut the cues down a bit too though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I think they are 6ft x 3ft. measure your room and see how much space you would have to move around if the table was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

i have a pool table in my house. it fits grand. thing is that for a lot of shots (ie. when the cue ball is on the side cushion) i have to raise the cue a lot.

make sure that you not only have enough room for the table but also enough room around the table. especially for shots like the one i metioned.

its not too bad really though. we just made a small cue (by cutting a cheep big cue in half)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭The Rooster

For a 6x3 table you should have a 14x11 room.

If you're room is smaller than that then get a 2 piece cue, so you can shorten it for cushion shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Is 6x3 the standard ? If I buy one secondhand from a pub is that the one I am likely to get ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Yip, I believe pool tables in pubs are almost always either 6x3 or 7x3.5

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

pub tables are smaller i thought?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Originally posted by woosaysdan
    pub tables are smaller i thought?

No, you'll never find a pub table any smaller than 6' x 3'.

Generally their either 6', 7' or 8'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

pub tables are 6x3 /7x4 offiacial tournament tables are 9x5.5 (not exactly sure about the 5.5 but i know there 9 anyway)

Advertisement