Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

putting downloads on a website

Options
  • 28-11-2003 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

I want to allow users to download (zipped) executables from a website.
    How do I prove that my content is safe for download?
    Are there any other issues to consider?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Copyright would be the main concern and would also be an issue for your hosting company.

As for the files' integrity there is probably little you can do beyond stating that you are providing virus-free data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

god no, theres no need to go to all that hassle.

if someone is ready to download a ZIP file, then one would assume that they trust it already, given that they have browsed your site to get to it.

all you need is a clear T&C regarding the content of the files and any errors they may create on the users system

what are the files gona be neway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

I agree with blacknight stick a bit of text up stating that you are providing virus-free data and maybe also add a text file to the zip stateing this. You may want to add a disclaimer to the files just incase they happen to get infected some how.

I think a personal publisher certificate is a bit of overkill.

Advertisement