Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fox news slates tim robbins' play

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Political assassination and State sanctioned murders, make the giver of the order a legitamit target for it. There is a "rule" that you don't do it, so no one does it to you.
    America, has broken that act before, and will do so again, but so have many nations.

On the threads orginail topic, Fox was put in a bad light by the play, so It returned the favour. Freedom of speech works both ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

America has always had trouble compiling a list a credible countries that are suportive of the war.
    So I paid paticular attention to how Fox listed them in this
    report,
    Countries that contributed troops and supported the effort -- such as Italy,Africa , Micronesia, Spain, Japan, Rwanda and Afghanistan -- will be able to bid on prime contracts.

Wow , getting Africa's support is great, pity it's a conitinent rather than a country.

I dunno maybe its just really bad journalism :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Gom, the whole of Europe watches American Television!, Ever listen to Ryan Turbberdy in the morning...its a rip off of pretty much every american morning radio show
    That old show that Colin Murphy did for a few weeks that was so **** I've forgotten the name of it was a rip off The Daily Show with John Stewart

Americans have a hell of alot more choice and freedom of opinion than we do
    Do some reseach and find out how many Liberal News shows and radio shows are in America...Theres alot, The American people chose to listen to the Republicans because Liberal have lost their heads up their @sses
    Look @ that idiot Micheal Moore...He said if he was president he'd charge rich people 80% tax! and lower poor peoples taxes so that everyone is equal...Thats Communism!..so they can pick communists or realists

I have to admit, I am not Bushes biggest fan either but I do beleive the war is justified
    I even talked to a friend of my fathers when the war first started, a guy who was held prisoner in Iraq for 90 days during the original Gulf war about his opinions and he said its about time...Hussein made foreigners give blood samples weekly, his sons raped and killed innocent women.

I support the American Army, I think its lousy that the Canadians were not allowed to have construction contracts because they sacrificed for the cause. I think thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by daveirl
    You never answered the question?
    That would be cause he got banned, I'm guessing.
    Who decides who gets assasinated?
    WEll, clearly anyone the good guys choose to assassinate is a fair target, and anyone the bad guys choose to assassinate is an unacceptable victim :)

jc

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by Wompa1
    [BThe American people chose to listen to the Republicans because Liberal have lost their heads up their @sses[/b]

<and in another thread....>
    Clinton was a disgrace as president, if anything he spent too much time worrying about trying to bring peace to Northern Ireland and The Middle East...

So, the Liberals have their heads up their arses, the Democrats elect disgraceful Presidents (who waste their time trying to bring peace to regions as opposed to fighting wars in them), and everyone chooses to listen to Republicans.

Look @ that idiot Micheal Moore...He said if he was president he'd charge rich people 80% tax! and lower poor peoples taxes so that everyone is equal...Thats Communism!..so they can pick communists or realists
    Err.....so anyone who isn't preaching communism is a realist? But that would include those head-up-their-asses Liberals as well. How can they be realists and head-up-ass types?

Wouldn't be showing just a trace of your own party allegiance/affiliation with these comments by any chance, because your basic argument seems to boil down to "the Republicans are right, and everyone else is wrong, and thats just the way it is".

jc

Glass stomachs

No, I thought Bush should have signed The Kioto agreement, I don't think he should have gone through the trouble of drafting a second U.N resolution,I think his regime is a bit cocky and that Republicans tend to be too politically correct on some issues
    And having said that I've been following the campaign trail over the past few months and it seems to me that the liberal candidates seem to be more concerned with criticising Bushes actions than competing with one another for the position. The Democratic and Anti-war protestors have shown no class. Every chance they get/got to personally attack bush be it with burning effigys or just name calling they took it...which made watching Bushes speechs unbearable...his reaction to all the protests and slander was the same each time "I can respect the opinions of Peace loving people and countries"....ever since 911 he's been careful not to show raw emotion incase its miss-interpretated by Muslims..like last night during his announcement you could tell he was fighting back a smile, I kind of wish everything wasn't so reversed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

Originally posted by lili
    i can't see fox news but have seen some extraits in a french reportage.
    quite amazing:eek:
    that's what i call a journalism of investigation! seems their first source comes from the pentagone and to counterpoint it they use the white house informations:p

it should be on a comedy channel its that funny. they talk complete and utter nonsense, the best news channel i think is the BBC

• Advertisement

As much as people slate Fox News on this, BBC is even worse, I was watching the news yesterday, first it had the bombing in Baghdad and it was all basically trying to paint America as the evil and if that Iraq is worse now then before they entered?...Then they had the anniversary of The Wright Brothers Flight and slanted that against America for turning planes into Weapons!!!!.....If that isn't Bias, then what is....or maybe when Bush came here months ago, Network 2 Sharon Ní Bhoilann with her snide comments every 5 mins...everyone know President Bush is early to bed and early to rise so I'm sure his lantern isn't buring much oil in his hotel room..??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

All reporting is bias. Whats surprising about that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Originally posted by Wompa1
    As much as people slate Fox News on this, BBC is even worse, I was watching the news yesterday, first it had the bombing in Baghdad and it was all basically trying to paint America as the evil and if that Iraq is worse now then before they entered?

That might be because it is worse than before they entered.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by daveirl
    Actually on percentages in the run up to the war the BBC was the most biased channel towards the pro war movement - http://pilger.carlton.com/print
    It of course being the "official" British broadcaster, "listener" to foreigner radio stations and state propagandist has never been doubted.

Hmm, I wonder is GCHQ (British version of the NSA) in part subsidised by the TV licence. :)

yeah I guess it was better....you know when the 200 Mass graves weren't uncovered and Uday and Qusay Hussein raped and killed innocent Women.

Advertisement