Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory Bremner / Bremner Bird and Fourtune

Options
  • 28-11-2003 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else seen this program? I have watched it for the past 2 years , and i have to say its one of the funniest/entertaining programs i have seen in a long time , i highly recommend watching it , this Sunday night Channel 4 at 9 .

Or if you have a DSL connection go to channel 4s website and type in "between iraq and a hard place" this is his special xmas episode last year, you can play the footage in realplayer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They lost it for me during the last series when they seemed to be happy, nay smug, to simply play the anti-War in Iraq card rather than do much genuine satire. Can be very good but can be very lazy too.

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I reckon they threw those programs together too quickly. Hopefully they'll be back and a bit more tightly scripted sometime.

Any opinions on Mark Thomas? I like the fact that he highlights important issues, but I think he pushes too far, sometimes in the name of comedy and sometimes because he just wants to be bloody arrogant.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Remember Mark Thomas dropped "Comedy" from his programme title for the last series so maybe he's decided he wants to play Hamlet, not the clown from now on.

Mike.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Mark Thomas - some of that stuff was inspired - especially the use of the freedom of information act.. - or the Tanker full of water ...

And a lot of covers issues that involve people being killed (arms sales etc.) as opposed to point scoring...

Can we invite him over here for a few months to do a special ????

Advertisement