Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vbulletin portal

Options
  • 28-11-2003 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm running a phpbb board at the moment, its growing pretty fast and have been contacted by the company its basically about offering official support..ie links from their site as well as their support guys linking to it in support mails (as well as giving me a freebie account with them...).

Which is all pretty nice, however i am currently finding that phpbb is a lot of work as it is (approx 3000 members) , i would expect their proposal to exponentially grow that.

Pretty much every big board runs vbulletin including this one..which to me implies that its a better suited format for large or growing sites, and also more secure (according to some people i know that say it is so).

Would like to integrate the website into the board part of things , thus a portal solution seems like a good way to go.

Has anyone here experiences with vb portals, and any recommendations at to what is most flexable and easy to maintain etc?

TIA

longfield

Nb any boards.ie readers that are members of the site ..pls keep this under yer hat for the moment
    ;) :ninja:

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

Advertisement