Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Vodafone Handsets ....

• 28-11-2003 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

Coming 3rd December .....

Nokia 3200 @ €99 on contract and €209/€199 on Ready to Go

Motorola V525 @ €99 on contract ... very limited supply

Nokia N-Gage @ €339/€329 on Ready to Go

Sony Ericsson T610 down to €99 on contract (from €129)

Nokia 6800 down to €179 on contract (from €249)

Siemens C60 down to €39 on contract (from €59)

Nokia 3510i increasing to €49 on contract (from €29)

Nokia 3310 down from RRP€149/€139 to €79/€89 on Ready to Go
    Nokia 3410 down from RRP€159/€149 to €109/€99 on Ready to Go

Discontinued ......

Nokia 3510i from Ready to Go Range
    Sharp GX10i from all Vodafone Range
    Nokia 7210 from all Vodafone Range
    Nokia 3650 from all Vodafone Range

Prices for contract are RRP ... so you may be entitled to extra discount !
    Prices for Ready to Go are With Sim/Without Sim

Just thought you would like to know in advance ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Hmm, I'm very surprised they got rid of the 7210 and 3650 so quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I am surprised they are dropping the GX10i??? You sure its not just the basic GX10? So what MMS handsets are now available on RTG? I think the T610 is launching on RTG next week for 199 if anyone is interested.

Carphone Warehouse are also starting a brill deal on the 1st of Dec. If you purchase a T610 on a new connection with performer for 129, you can get a PS2 for 49 quids... Not bad i say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Sounds good. The T610 looks like the best deal of all those phones. Only problem is I've heard the battery life isn't all that good. Especially compated to a 6130i which I'm using at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

I got a T610 off Ebay last week.

Only on its 3rd charge at this stage, but even with me playing with it most of the day, its given me: Thursday 8am-1am Fri, Friday 10am-12am, Saturday 7:30am - now. So ~38hrs on with a fair bit of usage of calls, SMS, camera and sound recording all in there.

The 6310i is hardly a fair comparison in fairness. It has not got a colour screen or poliphonic tones to power, never mind a camera!

Its is however primarily a phone and battery life is v.important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

Originally posted by JesusThatsGreat
    I am surprised they are dropping the GX10i??? You sure its not just the basic GX10? So what MMS handsets are now available on RTG? I think the T610 is launching on RTG next week for 199 if anyone is interested.

Carphone Warehouse are also starting a brill deal on the 1st of Dec. If you purchase a T610 on a new connection with performer for 129, you can get a PS2 for 49 quids... Not bad i say.

Yep, it's the GX10i all right....

Haven't heard anything about the T610 on Ready to Go as yet ... I heard the RTG launch was postponed due to availability issues.

Good deal in Carphone Warehouse all right ...

BTW, I'm using a T610 at the moment and have just got 4 days from the battery without a charge ... mind you very little talktime in that 4 days, but not bad all the same !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

ye, They are replacing the GX10i with the Sagem MYV-65, i was never a big fan of the GX10i its was always ment to be a high end phone and never quite made it, the sagem is quite cheap (RTG @ €189) and has a better camera and has the same menu as the GX10i, I actually snapped up the very short lived deal in the carphone of getting the T610 for €29 (port to Voda from 02 on performer with trade in) although €178 for a PS2 and T610 is very good), I had a little play around with the 3200 and the menu looks nice, and the camera is not bad, although the covers are a little wierd with the whole "cut out" thing?
    The 3100 is gonna sell very well when it drops a little in price (02 @ €239)
    Its good to see a few new handsets coming into the fray for Xmas

Sean

Originally posted by rabbitinlights
    ye, They are replacing the GX10i with the Sagem MYV-65, i was never a big fan of the GX10i its was always ment to be a high end phone and never quite made it, the sagem is quite cheap (RTG @ €189) and has a better camera and has the same menu as the GX10i, I actually snapped up the very short lived deal in the carphone of getting the T610 for €29 (port to Voda from 02 on performer with trade in) although €178 for a PS2 and T610 is very good), I had a little play around with the 3200 and the menu looks nice, and the camera is not bad, although the covers are a little wierd with the whole "cut out" thing?
    The 3100 is gonna sell very well when it drops a little in price (02 @ €239)
    Its good to see a few new handsets coming into the fray for Xmas

Sean

Whats a 3200 and a 3100?

How does the MYV-65 compare against the T610?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

I've bought the T610. Late entry into the Irish market but it really is a great little phone and an absolute steal with vodafone at the moment!

Whats the upgrade price on the T610 with Vodafone at the moment? Though the PS2 offer in CW is tempting.

• Advertisement

Nokia 3200

Nokia 3100

The vodefone upgrade price is around €129 on a high tarrif fro the T610

Does anyone know if the T610 has a silence button like nokia's do when somebody rings you?

Sean

That 3200 is one ugly phone. Whats the silence button on a nokia? (I must read the manual I know)

Say if somebody rings you and you want the ringing to stop but not to cut them off, extreamly handy button and i dont see it on my T610? Grrrrr

Sean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

Sean ,

hit the volume button at the side to mute when someones ringing u without cutting them off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    That 3200 is one ugly phone.

Yeah, the cover really looks like it was designed for the younger end of the youth market. I'd imagine there will be a strong market for third party fascias with alternative keypads...

Thank fudge!

It was driving me nuts at work

Thanks Smithers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

i got the T610 for €99 on talk and text plus on vodafone...

nice phone but the texting is soooo laggy its crazy... battery life aint great either...

still having nokia withdrawl symptoms... im in 2 minds about changing it for a 6610.. ahh nokia...

Advertisement