Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sorting ID3 Tag's and filenames

• 29-11-2003 12:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭

I've searched the Tech board and google but I cant find the program or thread I want.

I have a decent selection of MP3's at the moment, all properly filenames (Artist - Songname) but the ID3 tag's are all still Audiotrack 1 - Track 1 etc.

When I load up Winamp on it's own and under IRC, all the song's come up as their ID3 tag.

I need a few link's to program's that will copy the filename to ID3 tag.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I have used this little program for a year or so. Very good. Puts option into Right Click where all you do is select and go Rename <artist> - <title> to rename all the files to match the ID3 tags. You can also fill the ID3 tags with the filename if they are missing.

http://www.magnusbrading.com/mp3ts/ is the website. Program is quite small too i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

the mass renamer function in foobar2000 , great prog !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I used to use musicmatch which is ok. I'm not mad on the interface though. I still haven't found a really good automated tagging organiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

I use mp3 tag studio pro as linked in the first reply in this thread, it's so customisable that you can rename or tag in any batch way and from any source.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

ID3-TagIT really is the business - it'll let you re-name files, take artist/title from filenames etc. And best of all it's 100% free.

The only hitch is that it needs the MS .NET framework on your comp. I had it on the XP SP1 cd, otherwise I wouldn't have downloaded it, but it really is great.

Is there anything that will sort out duplicates and move the mp3s into directories based on their ID tags. Personally I don't want to rename all the mp3's I have manually. I want a tool to do it. Music Match tries to do it but generally its pretty dumb and will screw up the names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Ricardo - looking for something like this?

http://www.webattack.com/get/mp3sort.html

it doesn't find dubs but it does put files into appropriate dirs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Why don't you just turn the ID3 tags off?

Winamp/Options/Preferences/Plugins/Input/Mpeg Decoder/Configure.

Unselect the "Read Tags" thingy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

yep, IMO tags are useless dumb thing! for me anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

me don't like tags either.

Originally posted by CyberGhost
    Ricardo - looking for something like this?

http://www.webattack.com/get/mp3sort.html

it doesn't find dubs but it does put files into appropriate dirs

That looks interesting. I'll check it out thanks.

Advertisement