Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iol bb

• 29-11-2003 12:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭

Signed up a month ago. Heard nothing for 3 week s(standard waiting time). Spend a week ringing them constantly asking what's going on. Eventually, I find out that iol's request to eircom has been rejected, without a reason.

Several days of ringing up to find out what's happening with that, results in a phone call out of the blue, saying that my exchange isn't enabled. So - I ring eircom. My exchange is on north main (O Connell street) and it's definately enabled. I ring back iol, and I get told my exchange isn't enabled. After escalations I get the sob story that they deal with a different part of eircom than if I rang eircom, and that their contacts with eircom say otherwise.

Now, I'm smelling bullsh*t. If eircom can provide me with dsl, can't IOL? Is it that IOL use their own hardware in eircom's exchange and have run out of capacity, or do iol rent hardware as well as the line off eircom?

I'd prefer to go with IOL than the incumbent, they ream me enough on my phone rental.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Why would IOL deny you if the service is available? What's possibly happened is that IOL have no free ports on that exchange. Eircom allocate a certain number to IOL, UTV, netsource.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭Static

I wish they'd tell me that, instead of telling me the exchange isn't enabled :-) But I bet they're probably not allowed to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i signed up a month ago i think and now they said my modem will be in the post by the time the line is setup (by eircom) [10 working days] and i feel the same tradegy you had coming towards me, because nothing ever goes right for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

btw, does anyone know if iol actaully answer emails?
    i sent them one to cancel my online order as im in work during there office hours and never get a chance to ring them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu

only after seven days, and then with a stock reply, if at all

try phoning instead, I suppose the number works during weekends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i sent them one to cancel my online order as im in work during there office hours and never get a chance to ring them.

yes they do, they should have emailed you back within 4-5 days.
    But its better to ring them up (which is free) , do it on your lunch.
    They put you on hold for a long time sometimes though.

Once all the "assistants" kept on putting me on hold and then after some music it would start dialing and someone else would pick up and id tell them my problem and theyd put me on hold again and the process repeated itself..........

Advertisement