Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Connector Bust

• 29-11-2003 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Its been like this for a while and its getting more sensitive to touch as time goes by. Whenever i move the connector at the back of the monitor it turns my monitor blue, as if its leaving one of the colour channels out.

So i was wondering were i could get it fixed or could i do it myself?

I live in Galway btw
    **BUMP**

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭joto

Solution-don't move the connector then!

:ninja:

Is it "moulded" or cable connector? If latter then new cable.
    If former then new monitor, if it's an old one. Prob cheaper than getting it fixed, And excuse to get good Lcd display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

raven,

I think i've a cable of an old monitor here.

As joto says why move it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Cheap monitors usually don't have spearate cables.

If the monitor has a detachable cable - check the end at the monitor - is it 15 pins or 9 pins on it (rarely has sockets on the cable)

If the cable can't detach - then is the monitor end that is sensitive or the other end . If it is the PC end you can buy the 15 pin mini D connectors in Radionics - if it is at the monitor end - it means opening the back of the monitor and that is bloody dangerous because you don't know what you are doing. ( If there are any problems with the discharge resistor there could be 36,000 Volts (36 Kill-O'Volts) in it HOURS after you turn it off.)

You could try a bit of silicon sealant or cable ties to hold the cable in a position that works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Well its really sensitive. As in if i type or put my arm on the table it will cause a flicker of blue for a few seconds.

It is moulded i'm afraid and yeah its the monitor end that is sensitive. Its one of the Lidl 19in so maybe it is a cheapo.

I've found a good position for the cable anyway and it seems to be doing the trick so it should be ok.

Advertisement