Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone tell me anything about work providing transport?

• 29-11-2003 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if theres is a law that an employer has to provide transport (ie. a taxi) home for its employees if they finish work after 12 midnight?

I know some places do and some don't so is there any legislation or anything I can use as back up, as I am trying to get my employers to pay for at least some of my taxi fare home, on the nights that I need one, but they say they "don't do that".

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There is no onus on an employer to subside or provide your travel arrangements to and from work.

Basically, you agree before employment, with the employer, your hours of work. So legally, before you signed any contract, you knew that you would be working hours that may require use of taxis to get to work, and so at that point you should have negotiated any subsidy from your employer.

By signing the contract, you agreed that you were happy with the hours as they were laid out, and that no further discussion on the matter was necessary.

If you didn't sign a contract, well then you're free to leave tomorrow :) (well actually, not tomorrow, but...)

Advertisement