Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Online in Ireland?

Options
  • 29-11-2003 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

i just bought the network adaptor for the PS2 from Amazon.co.uk because im getting Eircom Broadband in a couple of weeks, i was just wondering is PS2 online available in ireland yet or did i just waste €43.75?

I suppose i'll have it for when it does launch in Ireland...if it ever does

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

a simple yes or no would have done, but nooooo i get nothing!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

im sorry that i cant give a simple yes or no answer, but i can tell you that the eircom broadband shop on henry st is selling the adaptors too, which would lead me to believe that you can use it.... it works on xbox live, so i dont see why ps2 wouldnt be the same.
    Is the irish server up and running?

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

its grand. it works like a dream. the thing with signing up is they dont send you a "confirmation card" in the post (well i never got one), otherwise i believe its pretty much the same as in the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

sorry to drag this up, but how much are the adapters now in game etc.?

how do i hook it up?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

* * * PlayStation Online is launched in Ireland * * *

As far as I know there's no difference then what is offered in the UK.

I don’t really care if SCEI have or haven’t got around to a launch party, resulting in a few photos of a model in newspapers and mags…

Because they have the adapter in the shops, advertised on any adverts for games with online multiplayer, they have had leaflets in the shops, and have it on their website…

http://ie.playstation.com/

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Simple answer... YES

* * * PlayStation Online is launched in Ireland * * *

As far as I know there's no difference then what is offered in the UK.

I don’t really care if SCEI have or haven’t got around to a launch party, resulting in a few photos of a model in newspapers and mags…

Because they have the adapter in the shops, advertised on any adverts for games with online multiplayer, they have had leaflets in the shops, and have it on their website…

http://ie.playstation.com/
    Originally posted by smiaras
    You can use it alright but the service isn't launched correctly here yet which means it'll be more awkward to sign up for.

The service that isn't launched correctly here is broadband.

Advertisement