Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance downtime

Options
  • 29-11-2003 4:33pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As part of working out a better backup scheme, I'll probably have to take boards down for a short period at about 4pm. Probably about 10 minutes.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Ok, so maybe it was closer to 15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:D

Yeah but what did you actually do?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

Hi ecksor

Thanks for the hard work.

And Like Mike said above me "Yeah but what did you actually do?"

Good luck
    Eóin

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think ecksor likes to just disable the webserver and sit there giggling maniacally to himself. Its a trick he picked up from Regi. :)

DeV.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Basically, before we implement a new backup scheme and start making some database modifications, I wanted to make sure we had a known good snapshot of our database in case anything goes pear-shaped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Originally posted by ecksor
    Basically, before we implement a new backup scheme and start making some database modifications, I wanted to make sure we had a known good snapshot of our database in case anything goes pear-shaped.

A man knows how to plan ahead or has suffered before at the fate of having no backups.

Keep it up.

Must get started on my system wide back up myself.

If only i could find the time. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

cloud9.jpg
    regisaysoops.jpg

It's All Regi's Influence really.

Advertisement