Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A new tune from me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭pyramid man

the production is really good and everything is nice and tidy but it is just that i dont like psy-trance and this is a bit psy-trance for me.

good production.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thanks for the listen and words. I dont even know what psy-trance is! :eek: I just do stuff I like the sound of... :)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Great piece (again) Mike. I love the vocal pad and the way it's mixed, it creates this huge lush soundspace. Nice arps too, the only thing I wasn't crazy about was the bassline/arp, at points it being a bit out of sync works really well but at others it stands out too much to me, maybe add an automated filter or something to add some variety to it?

Cheers!

I'll have another (careful) listen to the bass line arp
    but it "felt" okay to me. Listening to Gryphon as I type this (very cool track could have be used for T3 or Total Recall 2 if its made!).

Look foward to the CD :)

Mike.

I of couse meant to say I was listening to Silver Intentions! Doh! :p

Got CD today.....:)

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

Sorry Mike- I don't like that baseline either.
    As he sed, it's out of synch. Had I not read this thread I'd have expected it's there for a reason, like there's some interesting beat or counterpoint about to come into it, but it doesn't, which makes it somewhat lopsided, if it were a car it would travel like one with one front wheel bigger than the other.

I'll be blunt and say it's not as nice as the last one (which I was quite impressed with) It's not all bad, and I hate to be the harbinger of negative criticism. I just think it needs a bit of work and from the last offering of your I know you can make it better.

As for psytrance? Erm, I dunno either.
    I came to 2 conclusions;

1. Psychedellic Trance.
    2. Like Psyops, trance music designed to psychologically effect the enemy to gain advantage, force their surrender, etc, etc.

Originally posted by The Beer Baron
    if it were a car it would travel like one with one front wheel bigger than the other.

:D Now I really will have to try again!

Mike.

Advertisement