Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

challenge-ie cometh...

Options
  • 29-11-1999 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

okay all,

the challenge-ie site is closer to completion. Check out

http://www.challenge-ie.com

For all your national/international gaming news.

for the time-being, voroshas logo is on it until I can get around to writing a rotating banner script.

We need Writers. Good ones. Well, you don't have to be good at english (e.g. SK_Griff), just have vaguely interesting opinions about games and stuff (e.g. SK_Griff). Loads of Irish players have proved that they are really class at maintaining readable news sites e.g.:

* cloud
    * zero
    * greenbean
    * ronin
    * trojan

It'd be great to get a couple of these and mix them with some newschool players. A mix of QW, Q2, Q3 and UT players would be cool, but the emphasis of the site will probably be on whichever game is played the most.

I'd say about 6 columninsts is enough and we can always rotate the team around if people aren't interested in updating anymore.

This site won't concern itself with patch 2.3424 of Daikatana - it'll mainly focus on interviews, rants and news about irish players, reccomendations on top demos, previews/reviews of competitions/games, etc.

Who knows, you may be spotted by the Irish Times and signed as a technical supplement writer or something?

Anyone interested mmmkay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Well Jim, 'tis lookin good I gotta say. Very good in fact.

I should be working out some more time for stuff in the near future, if you want a hand no probs from me.

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Nice Nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I think I have made it perfectly clear on several occasions now but I'll say it again.

I WANT A COLUMN.

That is all.

El

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

oo, pretty.

what do this Challenge crowd do anyway? some sort of news network? or a forum for organising international games?.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I'd be interested in doing a comedy column or a mailbag type thingy.

[Insert cool quote here]
    Play GLminesweeper!
    http://www.iol.ie/~adamj/dl/mineswp.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement