Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handspring Visor

Options
  • 29-11-2003 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

I've just been given a Handspring Visor Deluxe,but I wasn't given the cradle to Sync it with my PC.I've checked the websites,they only ship to th US.Anybody know where I can get one here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

ebay might be a good place to pick one up, was able to get a new Palm cradle for an older model retty cheap recently that I couldn't find in retail...

if it's only for syncing - how about the likes of a Belkin USB Sync Cable or even an infrared adapter if your computer supports it?

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Just in case you have a problem with a flicker on the screen of your Visor, here is the link to the file that Handspring have to get rid of this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

another option wud be to buy a travel kit. - cheaper perhaps? i have one for a palmVx - it's a simple cable and tidy power supply without the bulky cradle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

just a note, the Visor Deluxe uses 'replaceable' AAA batteries rather than 'built in / integrated' rechargeable battery. So a cable or cradle is for a sync only rather than a sync / charge.

Handspring Organiser battery type models:

"AAA" models: 2MB Visor, Visor Deluxe, Visor Platinum, Visor Neo

Rechargeable models: Treo 90, Visor Prism, Visor Edge, Visor Pro

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Just another update on this. I sent my Treo to Handsprings service company in the UK about a week ago and they sent me a brand new one as a replacement because the screen went on the first one. They were exceptional to deal with, so I sent an email asking about the Sync cradle for you and they have replied to me letting me know that they have them available for sale.

"I am pleased to confirm that we can supply a Visor Deluxe Cradle either USB
    or Serial for the price of £19.99. This includes postage."

These prices are in sterling. If you are interested, just let me know and I can send you the guys direct email address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

i'm not very familiar with handspring. if palm cradles are compatible i've got a spare. charger is dead though.

Advertisement