Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New design..

Options
  • 30-11-2003 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

I posted a design a few days ago (about a week i think)Link

I got some good feedback on it,

it led me to designing this template

http://www.davidstokes.com/d1/

so again i ask for your feedback on this,,

I quite like it , nbetter then the last 1 i feel.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

apart from loading in slow, its looks dodgy in Mozilla Firebird. If thats the design style you`re going for cool, but looks a little photshop tutorial imho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

How can i make it load faster?

It's not a PS tutorial, and i cant check what it looks like on mozilla

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It looks like the HTML and the images.

HTML is not parsing properly
    Images not cut properly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Typography is dreadful. Is that verdana in the navbar?

You've got to realise the difference between Design & knowing how to use Photoshop.

Grabs some of these books or do a course, you're selling yourself way too short by the mindset you're in at the moment. This forum isn't really giving you decent feedback, not many people here are professional designers.

Graphic Design Curriculum Books

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Originally posted by p
    This forum isn't really giving you decent feedback, not many people here are professional designers.

Yes. You could try over at http://www.creativeireland.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 lucian

It looks like you need more experience with image slice in Photoshop, as the pictures are way to big to be used on the web, plus try to use the optimise futures before you export the layout.

Photoshop7 is a very good program but needs to be understood. It has lots of secrets that nees to be unleashed through practice.

Your design looks clean, but try to loose the background in the middle of the page. It would look better on the top part as the middle is ment to be expandable. Plain background colors will do and will make it load a lot faster.

The background squares design shouldn't be any bicker then 5 x 5 px and try using .jpg format for more complex colors and .gif for less colorfull parts.

I mean this:
    123_02.gif
    is way too big to export as .gif
    Try it as .jpg 55% optimised in Photoshop7

I hope this help.
    I am not an expert myself but I learned from my own mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 lucian

I took the liberty to optimise two of your design pictures.
    Check it out Here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Originally posted by blacknight
    Yes. You could try over at http://www.creativeireland.com/

Oh, he's already been there. Didn't come back though. Guess he didn't like the feedback. It can be a little blunt at times. :(

Advertisement