Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircon won't allow me my IOL BB

Options
  • 30-11-2003 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

I signed up to IOL's broadband service about three weeks ago and after waiting the aforementioned period of time to be switched on without success, I called Esat BT yesterday who proceeded to lay fault at Eircom's door.Apparently I'm not the only one waiting.There are about 150 customers in the same situation as myself.

So,I think I'll give the rats a call tomorrow but quite honestly haven't a clue to whom I ought to speak to and what I should ask/demand?

A little help anyone please :confused:

*Oh yeah,I was further informed by the bloke at Esat that I may not be connected this side of christmas

And to compound my misery even further my UTV package is due to be switched off today

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I find it awful hard to be sympathetic with someone who calls himself/herself arsemonger ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

did your line pass the test for BB ?

mine was a failure from day 1. I got sick and tired of hearing neighbours et al getting BB - so i fired off a mail to them (wouldn't waste a call to them) stating my number & address, and that neighbours have the service. Got a mail back 10 mins later, saying my line had now passed and could I give them a contact phone number. Off I went to IOL BB and ordered from them straightaway. Took 10 days and I was online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

Originally posted by ondafly
    did your line pass the test for BB ?

mine was a failure from day 1. I got sick and tired of hearing neighbours et al getting BB - so i fired off a mail to them (wouldn't waste a call to them) stating my number & address, and that neighbours have the service. Got a mail back 10 mins later, saying my line had now passed and could I give them a contact phone number. Off I went to IOL BB and ordered from them straightaway. Took 10 days and I was online.

What address did you email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Arsemonger

I find it awful hard to be sympathetic with someone who calls himself/herself arsemonger ...

Just because I'm out of your price range......

Regarding line sucess/failure ,everything is fine and I've evn had my username & password authenticated.

Oh well :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

it shouldnt be up to you to get onto eircom about this
    if eircom are not letting esat sign people up for dsl they should be kicking up a fuss about it, not sitting back and saying ahh sure you know what eircom are like what can we do
    get on to iol and say you will go with a differnt provider if they dont act fast
    then go with eircom or utv if they are too slow just think what would happen if you got a fault and their attitude was the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

the email address was in the "about us" or "Contact us" section. I think I picked sales or direct sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

I got onto €ircon Head office (they normally dont deal with customers) and was told that even tho IOL had been saying I wasnt connected yet I had in fact been connected for days!
    :mad:

My advice, phone IOL and BLAG! Tell them €eircon have said ur allready connected and the delay is on THEIR end, seems to light a fire under them.
    Guy I dealt with in IOL was called Darren, helpfull guy once he heard that :rolleyes:

B

Tell them €eircon have said ur allready connected and the delay is on THEIR end, seems to light a fire under them.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself young man :p

Think I'll do exactly just that tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Dawntreader
    I got onto €ircon Head office (they normally dont deal with customers) and was told that even tho IOL had been saying I wasnt connected yet I had in fact been connected for days!
    That might well be totally true.

It doesn't mean that eircom told IOL about it, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

If your phone line 'stops' working for voice after you order ADSL it is quite probably because you have ADSL turned on as Eircom said.

Now you need to plug in a microfilter, plug the phone into it and the phone line starts working for voice again. Eircom have probably done their end of the order, IOL may still have some work to do on the DSL bit .

If you phone line continues to work as a voice line without a Microfilter after you have állegedly been sorted out by Eircom then Eircom are lying to you. You are still on a normal analogue line and not on a DSL line.

M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

Is it really that black and white?

Do IOL/UTV/Eircom enclose a few microfilters when they send you the ADSL modem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Its not that simple. My phoneline works fine without the filters, as long as the modem is not connected. You only need the filters for voice if the modem is connected.

Having said that, from personal experience, the fault is most likely with IOL. When I had applied, they kept on telling me that Eircom where delaying, but it should be up shortly. Then, I bluffed them, and found out the truth (in my case, they hadn't bothered to pass on my details to Eircom for about a month, so it wasn't Eircom's fault, it was theirs). Once it is set up, you should be okay, but if you have problems, don't waste your time phoning their technical support, its absolutely useless. You'll be quicker, and more effective, fooling around and trying to fix the problems yourself.

Well,the dastardly deed is done.I contacted IOL this morning and after a mere :mad: 25 minutes of waiting I realised that I accidentally got through to the billing department :mad: :mad: :mad:

Eventually I spoke to the people dealing with applications and after lying my arse off I was informed yet again that the reason my account isn't up and running (without them bothering to check) is because Eircom haven't switched my line on.

That and the small matter of an outstanding balance of mine dating back 8 months which I forgot about.

Oops.

To make matters worse not only have I got to sort the aforementioned balance out I've now got to re-apply for BB.

Not a good day

Advertisement