Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Vs Utd

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Originally posted by The Muppet I hope fergie puts giggs back in position and gives ronaldo a place as after he came on we looked better even though chelsea had settled for their 1-0 at that stage. [/B]

The bastards, settling for a 1-0 when they could have gone all out attack and possibly allowed united score one on the break :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

I still have faith in Forlan. The goals he scored against Brazil for Uruguay were top notch and hes definitely DEFINITELY improoving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

The bastards, settling for a 1-0 when they could have gone all out attack and possibly allowed united score one on the break

But the Bastard didn,t let us score did they.:mad: :( :mad: :(:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Originally posted by The Muppet
    But the Bastard didn,t let us score did they.:mad: :( :mad: :(:o

You are absolutely right, they didn't, it couldn't have had anything to do with them settling for their 1-0 could it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Sunday was an eye opener, even for me.

I had said all along that I didn't see anything in the Chelsea side to make me thing that they couldn't win the title but they were by far the better side on Sunday.

Even with the late surge Utd showed very little that Chelsea couldn't handle, I'm not sure Utd even had a shot on goal. Chelsea on the other hand looked quite dangerous and Joe Cole should have had a second. Besides that I thikn Howard should have gotten Man of the Match as he kept Utd in the game.

I thought Forlan was abysmal and Giggs got into all the best positions for Utd but then chose the wrong option every time. Gary Neville and O'Shea seemed the only people capable of crossing the ball for Utd and where oh where was the midfield following up those balls into the box? Boy was Scholes missed.

As a neutral I would have preferred a draw or a Utd win, keeping the 3 teams as close as possible coming into the bogey season but Chelsea deserved their win.

The only thing I'd say about the penalty is that had Keane not taken Cole down, I would bet any money Cole would have blasted it wide or over as he isn't the greatest finisher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

i think Ferguson seriously needs a quality striker. Forlan isn't of the same class yet (if he ever will be). True he scored 5 in 6 before Sunday but the teams were hardly the Real Madrids and Chelseas of this world. Yes he tries hard, but give me 30,000+ a week and a place on the man u team and I'll bust a gut too.

The signings have to be given time I think. Djemba Djemba and Kleberson are feeling their way into English football and foreigners can take a season to fit in. Also it must be remembered that Kleberson was injured for 3 months.

Howard has been the 'keeper of the season so far in my opinion. Yes, Cudicini has 7 clean sheets etc. but he hasn't had as much to do plus he isn't an unknown coming into English football. He was settled before this season.

As for Ronaldo and Bellion they were bought for the long term (and both Djemba Djemba (22) and Kleberson (23/24) are young too btw) and have shown flashes of the quality that made utd buy them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Originally posted by Rodney Trotter
    Anyone using the term "us" and "we" for an English, or Scottish, team when you live in a completely different country, is a tosser.

If you are on the pitch, or an actual part of the club, then, by all means, use the term "WE", otherwise keep it to yourself.

As for explaining why the terms are used? Don't bother! I know why and where it's used, and only by idiots. Listen to yourselves! Irish accents saying "We" for United or Liverpool? Pathetic.

It's a custom best served by 12 year old juveniles with delusional visions of someday actually wearing the shirt.

(I've yet to see 2_sh1ts_Jackson make sense. Keep it coming boys, some day you might even make sense.)

I've just remembered why I never post on the soccer board. Too many people like Rodney here posting. It appears my inital impression of Rodney was correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Ah don't let Rodney put you off - put him on ignore :)

[EDIT]Last Warning Sheds[/EDIT]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Definately a penalty the meer fact Man U protested such a blatant foul is laughable

I mean Di Canio v Leicester the week before was a dive....not this"!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Liverpool is a traditionally Irish team...thus The fields of Athenry...thus John Lennon..thus Steve McMannaman etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Anyone using the term "us" and "we" for an English, or Scottish, team when you live in a completely different country, is a tosser.

Does it really make a difference too you? If people want to say we or us then i say let them. I still feel that if you pay for the shirt or any other merchandise you are helping your team and therefore get to say we or us and to call them tossers just cos of this makes you seem fairly immature. Just my personal opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

this is the best start utd have made in the league in years. only 4 points off the pace to a star-studded chelsea side and the best arsenal ever. chelsea AND arsenal have yet to have their bad patches, utd seem to be spreading theirs out over 4-5 games.

utd are ALWAYS better in the new year in the league. if the gap stays this low until january, utd are dead certs to win the league. remember, utd still have chelsea at home on the 2nd last day of the season, a chance for revenge and in my view, a definate 3points if theres still something to play for.

we dont need a striker, van nistelrooy, bellion, scholes, solksjaer, forlan can all play upfront and if we're to succeed in europe we must practice a 4-5-1 in the league week in week out.

one other thing, if you look at utd's fixtures, arsenal (away) on 27th march is the only big game up to then. villa, city (twice), spurs (twice), everton (twice), midlboro(twice), bolton, n'castle, wolves, southampton, leeds, fulham, are utds games up til then, not exactly daunting. 15 games were they'll be expected to win and should win bar maybe 1 or 2 upsets.

utd could have established a decent lead by then which would have a physchological effect on arsenal and chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

And anyone who insists on bitching and moaning about it on an internet message board is a bigger tosser :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Advertisement