Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

video codecs

Options
  • 30-11-2003 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

I got a few of my favorite simpsons episodes off the internet (no warez monkey cards now please) and they wont play. Well, they'll play, or at least the sound will. I cant get video out of any of them. When media player starts up it goes looking on the internet for a codec but after a few seconds it just says "error downloading codec". I've tried playing it in wmp, winamp, quicktime, realplayer and even downloaded divX player and WinDVD platinum. Nothing works. It's an avi file. If anyone can suggest anything to help, please do ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

Have you tried XVid? Anyhow, GSpot is your app, it'll tell you what codec was used.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

It sounds like you have an older version of DivX. Off you go and download the new free one and give that a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

And if it still doesnt want to work download VideoLan.
    That'll play anything, including partially downloaded avi's.
    You can get it from www.kazaalite.tk and it's under the codecs menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

cheers lads. I got Gspot and sure enough it was Xvid. Got a copy of VideoLAN and it's playing perfectly. :D

Advertisement