Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewire Card

Options
  • 30-11-2003 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭

I'm getting a 20gb iPod for Christmas from Apple with the student discount and now need a firewire card for my PC. I am prepared to buy online but would prefer to buy somewhere in Dublin. I am wondering if anyone could suggest the best/cheapest place to buy one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Does it not have a USB 2.0 hole??, if so you can get a USB 2.0 card, or use the USB connectors already on your computer (if you have any). It may be cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

Yeah it's less than a year old and has USB2 but the iPod can't be charged through USB2, it needs firewire. I hope to buy a DV camera next year so firewire will be used then too. I just need the name of someone in town who is good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

peats do a 3-port firewire card made by conceptronic, its €59 and comes with a cable

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

also for the ipod u gotta buy the USB cable which is about 49 euros so buying the firewire card makes sense cos if youre pc doesn't have firewire it more than likely doesn't have USB2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

How do I get this student discount thing, thought they didn't offer it here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

Apple Student Discount: http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/IrlInd

Thanks for the Peats suggestion. They're quite expensive. I can get a similar Firewire card for 40 notes from Amazon, delivered. I think I'll add it as part of my Christmas CD and books order. Cheers for the help though guys. Yeah buying a firewire card makes more sense for me to be honest.

Advertisement