Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing .NET

Options
  • 30-11-2003 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

I'm installing .net and I wondering whats best to install and not to install. I really only want stuff for VB/ASP/C#. I'm not interested in the rest. Do I need to install the SQL engine or all the examples etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭hertz

To use and run ASP.NET for ASP, Javascript C# you need for(windows) IIS, the .Net framework(off microsoft site), and Visual Studio .Net or similar,this is for writing the code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I should clarify that I'm installing Visual Studio .Net and theres a ton of options. I'm wondering what I don't need to install. However I've just found out that I've been trying to install v1.0 and theres a v1.1. Is there much of a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭hertz

Oh sorry, yeah you need ver 1.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Why? Can you not upgrade/update it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

If you have sufficient disk space then install the examples - the help is still a bit sparse and it often helps to see how someone else has used a particular object.

• Advertisement
Advertisement